Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/22/2020 4:37:06 PM EDT
Sorry folks, been a bit but things have been busy here and moving fast. My company can't transfer me but I was offered, and accepted a job in Poland Spring. I start work Jan 4th,  tentatively.  My wife & kids will be staying in PA packing the house & getting it ready for a sale. I had a room lined up for rent, even took a trip up there to look at homes & meet the dude renting me the room. We made an agreement to rent,  I even agreed to the extra $100 for oil he asked for, above & beyond the rent. So I canceled the other 2 spots I scoped out just for this @$$ to bale on me & say the room is no longer available. Now I've got nowhere to stay. If anyone knows a room available to rent I'm definitely interested.  Right now I'm lookin at car camping through the winter & truck stop showers cuz I'm NOT passing on this job opportunity.  If anyone maybe even has a corner of a property I could pitch a tent in for a month or two while I home search,  I'd be willing to pay. Im fine if i have to rough it for a while and don't need access to a house or anything. This is a great move for my family & I.This is a last ditch effort for me, if anyone could do anything it'd  be a real help. Im not super familiar with Maine but i'd need to be within 50 miles of Poland Spring. (Contingency of the job)
Thanks for anything. And 1 way or the other. Ill see Maine in January!
Link Posted: 12/22/2020 4:52:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Have you tried airbnb? Gonna be a bit cold in the car.
Link Posted: 12/22/2020 4:57:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah I tried all them, air bnb, hotels, craigslist.  Hotels an air bnb way too expensive. The rooms I looked at were 500/month.  The only ppl getting back to me asked of id let him go down on me once in a while. Im ok with the cold.
Link Posted: 12/25/2020 9:24:36 AM EDT
[#3]
https://maine.craigslist.org/roo/d/casco-clean-roommate-wanted/7242000219.html

That is about 25-30 minutes from the bottling plant in Poland.

Link Posted: 12/25/2020 11:54:11 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/25/2020 6:59:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Found a room in Lewiston 500 a month 20 minutes to Poland. I cannot Email you for some reason from this site
Link Posted: 12/27/2020 6:52:25 PM EDT
[#6]
need some clarification, are you talking about the poland spring the actually spring, the town of poland, or one of poland springs bottling plants? they have multiple over the state.
Link Posted: 2/17/2021 2:18:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Again, sorry for the delay...im horrible at this. Thank you all who chimed in with help its greatly appreciated. I had already gotten in touch with the guy on Craigslist...he's the one who pulled the room from me.  It all worked out. I'm starting work Feb 22 at the plant in Poland. We got a house with close to 14 acres about 20 minutes,  & the rest of the family moves up on March 5.
Thanks again for all your help....cant wait to get up there
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top