Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/29/2021 9:55:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Current Governor wins re-election.
Washoe Cunty goes even more blue
Nevada continues to blame its losing Republican Party on California and not for a failure to attract new conservatives.
View Quote

There aren't enough to be had. At the end of the day a lot of it is a numbers game.
Link Posted: 12/29/2021 10:08:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Current Governor wins re-election.
Washoe Cunty goes even more blue
Nevada continues to blame its losing Republican Party on California and not for a failure to attract new conservatives.
View Quote

Concur. The absolute joke that is the Nevada GOP is a tragedy, as this state could be tilted right again if they would just get their shit together. We were within striking distance in the last election. Unfortunately it seems that either Lombardo (barf) or Heller (ugh) will lose to Sisolak (communist) for Gov, and redistricting will probably solidify the Dem legislative majority, if not give them 2/3 so they can go hog wild.
Link Posted: 12/30/2021 4:58:12 PM EDT
[#3]
The republican party lost Nevada when they closed the state convention early to keep the Ron Paul delegates from electing national delegates...  Then hid the ballots.  That's when I realized things are fixed and the rules don't matter.

Pepperidge Farm remembers...
Link Posted: 1/3/2022 1:03:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Hey another quick question for you guys, if I've got my guns in storage, are they going to rust with the overnight cold up here in Reno, I get that there's no humidity. I'm just talking about right now, January weather, I'll have my stuff in my new place by February.

Does anyone have their guns stored in the garage where everything is just the ambient temperature, does it work out OK? Do you get moisture on them during the day if they're still freezing cold from night?

thanks
Link Posted: 1/3/2022 3:07:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
The republican party lost Nevada when they closed the state convention early to keep the Ron Paul delegates from electing national delegates...  Then hid the ballots.  That's when I realized things are fixed and the rules don't matter.

Pepperidge Farm remembers...
View Quote

Fact! This still pisses me off
Link Posted: 1/3/2022 5:26:07 PM EDT
[#6]
If they were clean and piled they should be fine for a while. Something like a goldenrod would be ideal for longer storage times.
Link Posted: 1/3/2022 6:23:39 PM EDT
[#7]
They are clean and oiled but I can't do a goldenrod yet because they are in a storage place. It's not controlled temp so it's ambient outdoor temp.

I hope it's good since there's low humidity but wanted to check if anyone had a similar situation like keeping some guns or metal tools in their garage, at ambient outdoor temp, and if they get moist with condensation during the morning or day, after a cold night.

Link Posted: 1/4/2022 12:33:15 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
They are clean and oiled but I can't do a goldenrod yet because they are in a storage place. It's not controlled temp so it's ambient outdoor temp.

I hope it's good since there's low humidity but wanted to check if anyone had a similar situation like keeping some guns or metal tools in their garage, at ambient outdoor temp, and if they get moist with condensation during the morning or day, after a cold night.

View Quote

I have a few in my unheated garage I'm fiddling with and have never had an issue with rust. Ymmv of course.
Link Posted: 1/4/2022 12:39:23 AM EDT
[#9]
Outside of some big water intrusion into your storage I can't imagine you having a problem.
Link Posted: 1/4/2022 3:08:45 AM EDT
[#10]
Don't worry, they won't rust at all in unheated storage here unless there is a water leak, or you have some pool chlorine tablets in the area.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top