Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/26/2023 2:44:36 PM EDT
I figured I would start here and see if you guys might be able to help me out.

We are looking to move one of our warehouses out MA and and closer to one of our vendors in Andover area and had a few questions.

How is NH on business? Taxes ? Ect?

How is the labor in the southern section of the state?

Any commercial realtors in the house?

This would be a distribution warehouse for the east coast handling fabrics and we would be looking for maybe 10,000 sq ft .

thanks

Link Posted: 5/26/2023 5:13:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Absolutely zero clue about any of what you're asking, but I'll run my mouth anyways.

If you're buying an existing building, you should be able to go on the town's website to see what the current owners are paying for property taxes.  All towns have their websites set up differently, so have fun.  That just hits the property taxes, I don't know about business.  You've probably already found this:  https://www.revenue.nh.gov/businesses/index.htm

I'd probably call Andoverish central vs southern.  Not nitpicking, just so you can communicate with realtors on a common language.

It's a decent area of the state.  Franklin is trying to fix itself and just put in a whitewater park.  Tilton has all the shopping anyone could really need.  I think there is even a hospital in Franklin.

Out on the other side of Andover might be a bit more pricey towards New London, etc but who knows.

Link Posted: 5/26/2023 9:21:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Are you talking about Andover, New Hampshire, or being close to Andover, Mass, on the New Hampshire side of the border?
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 9:45:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Are you talking about Andover, New Hampshire, or being close to Andover, Mass, on the New Hampshire side of the border?
View Quote

lulz, good point
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 8:44:17 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm a commercial RE broker.    NH is income & sales tax free.     We do have higher RE taxes though, but all in all its cheaper than doing business in MA.       The warehouse/industrial market is very hot.   Very little availability.   For the past 30-40yrs rents have been around $5-$6/sf NNN.  Ever since 2016 we have seen an increase in rates with them exploding during covid.   We are now in the $10-$14/sf range.   Its nearly impossible to do a deal with less than a 5yr term.   Some landlords are sending out proposals at 7yrs regardless of what the tenants are asking for.     There has been very little new construction except for end users, so nothing has been over built & I see very little chance of a downturn.    If the economy tanks, NH has historically been insulated because of the tax free environment & not being over built on spec.     Typically the 5,000-15,000sf warehouse size has been the most difficult to find.   in this current environment, finding anything is difficult.       That said, I have two 10K-12K warehouse options in greater Nashua.    We also have a build-to-suit going up in Bow NH that may be sub-divisible to 15,000sf.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top