Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/17/2021 6:18:38 PM EDT
Where do y'all get your reloading components? Looking for brick and mortar stores that might have a better chance of having stuff in stock.
Link Posted: 10/17/2021 6:29:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Sportingarms in winterville Ga was the place to go. When I was in there a few weeks ago he had nothing. Just brass and projectiles.

He usually has hundreds of pounds of powder, shot and cases of primers.
Link Posted: 10/17/2021 7:46:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Sportingarms in winterville Ga was the place to go. When I was in there a few weeks ago he had nothing. Just brass and projectiles.

He usually has hundreds of pounds of powder, shot and cases of primers.
View Quote

yeah, they can't get anything at the moment.  I check in almost weekly.
Link Posted: 10/17/2021 10:34:10 PM EDT
[#3]
I asked a local store about primers and they say primers are purchased the same day they are put on the shelf. A second question was if the sale is a 1K box or 100 like some shops sell. Answer was 1K boxes come in and get bought. I didn't ask about prices but felt 1K boxes coming in and being sold was a better indication of progress and filling in the supply gap than shops selling 100 primer boxes.
Link Posted: 10/18/2021 11:50:50 AM EDT
[#4]
N S E or W?
Link Posted: 10/18/2021 2:09:24 PM EDT
[#5]
I was able to snag 3k small rifle primers at TruPrep.......but only because they know me there.

The boxes never hit the shelf.  They only got 5k in, I took 3k and my companion took the other 2k.
Link Posted: 10/27/2021 9:40:29 PM EDT
[#6]
what part of the state ?
Link Posted: 10/28/2021 5:34:28 PM EDT
[#7]
While I was there looking for some 123 grain SST's, the guys at Academy in Snellville said "if you're not standing in the aisle as they stock them you're out of luck".  They said for the most part everything is sold almost instantly.  That pretty much leads me to believe that folks are tipped off when reloading supplies or ammo hit the shelves so they can be there to snatch it all up.  Until people stop hoarding it or buying to resell this is the new future of shooting.

Link Posted: 10/28/2021 9:34:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
While I was there looking for some 123 grain SST's, the guys at Academy in Snellville said "if you're not standing in the aisle as they stock them you're out of luck".  They said for the most part everything is sold almost instantly.  That pretty much leads me to believe that folks are tipped off when reloading supplies or ammo hit the shelves so they can be there to snatch it all up.  Until people stop hoarding it or buying to resell this is the new future of shooting.

View Quote

I know a guy who waits at Academy in Cumming for the doors to open; every day he goes in and buys everything. Then he sells it online for profit.
Link Posted: 10/28/2021 11:08:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 10/29/2021 2:40:40 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I tend to wish people who do this get hit by a truck. There wouldn't be issues if people weren't trying to make a buck off their neighbor.
View Quote

I agree 100%
Link Posted: 10/29/2021 7:24:29 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I tend to wish people who do this get hit by a truck. There wouldn't be issues if people weren't trying to make a buck off their neighbor.
View Quote

X2 truck hauling boiling tar.
Link Posted: 11/5/2021 12:15:35 PM EDT
[#12]
One distributor I get powder from sent an email out recently that they have not filled any primer back orders since 8/2020. AKA things are still pretty dry
Link Posted: 11/6/2021 7:36:48 AM EDT
[#13]
Natchez has CCI small pistol primers on their site.
ETA: Gone.
Link Posted: 11/27/2021 10:24:34 AM EDT
[#14]
People seem to have luck at bass pro and cabelas in the reloading forum.  

I hit a local place weekly and have scored 1k [email protected] since June of last year...  like others have said things are pretty dry.
Link Posted: 11/27/2021 11:51:20 AM EDT
[#15]
Saw alot of projectiles and powder at LA Armory this weekend. Was there Friday and were well stocked.
That store is really nice and lots of inventory from guns to everything.
Link Posted: 11/27/2021 11:59:07 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Saw alot of projectiles and powder at LA Armory this weekend. Was there Friday and were well stocked.
That store is really nice and lots of inventory from guns to everything.
View Quote

Is this the LA armory in Lavonia Ga? If so I’d tread lightly there.

I haven’t had a good experience there and known many new shooters who have been taken advantage of.

Link Posted: 11/27/2021 5:27:25 PM EDT
[#17]
No it's not cheap and your right. Never got a warm and fuzzy feeling in there but in a absolute crunch for something small it's convenient.

Quoted:

Is this the LA armory in Lavonia Ga? If so I’d tread lightly there.

I haven’t had a good experience there and known many new shooters who have been taken advantage of.

View Quote

Link Posted: 12/3/2021 8:56:44 PM EDT
[#18]
Academy in Newnan has a small amount of projectiles on the shelf
Link Posted: 12/4/2021 9:17:37 AM EDT
[#19]
It also helps to join the reloading group on discord to get notifications when primers etc are in stock. Like right now Brownells has cci small pistol primers in stock.

My local supplier has 150 cases of fiocchi small pistol and small rifle ordered since October of 2020 and he's not expecting any of them before June of 22.
Link Posted: 12/10/2021 5:24:29 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
It also helps to join the reloading group on discord to get notifications when primers etc are in stock. Like right now Brownells has cci small pistol primers in stock.

My local supplier has 150 cases of fiocchi small pistol and small rifle ordered since October of 2020 and he's not expecting any of them before June of 22.
View Quote

On discord dont you have to be invited to groups?
Link Posted: 12/10/2021 8:03:33 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

On discord dont you have to be invited to groups?
View Quote
If it's public no, private yes but pm me if you want a link
Link Posted: 12/10/2021 10:21:52 PM EDT
[#22]
Alexanders up in Blairsville had a decent supply of projectiles and brass. You might want to give them a call on powder.

But I think we can all agree that the weak link for at least the foreseeable future is primers.

Major ammo manufacturers still can't get a steady supply. And until they do it will stay this way.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top