Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/1/2022 5:10:38 AM EDT
I have a ratty ass surplus CZ-82 that I bought about 15 years ago and I finally want to pretty her up a little bit after taking it to the range and it’s actually a nice shooting pistol.

Anyway, I got a good deal on it since the area where Century Arms stamped their info on the slide chipped off.  What I’m hoping to find is a place that media blast both the slide and frame and refinish it in a Flat Black.  Also, one magazine too.

I’m more than willing to pay a reasonable prices for this service.

Thanks for any info on making this happen!!
Link Posted: 7/1/2022 7:41:18 AM EDT
[#1]
Black Hammer Arms
Link Posted: 7/2/2022 12:13:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Southridge Arms and Refinishing. He does KG Guncote and will also do Cerakote. https://www.southridgearms.com/contact
Link Posted: 7/2/2022 11:50:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Southridge Arms did a great job on a project of mine!
Link Posted: 7/3/2022 6:22:32 PM EDT
[#4]
I bought an hs2000 out of Oregon. The plastic was perfect, but the upper was hammered. And as an import it had electric pencil markings.

It got professionally laser engraved and perfectly refinished by C. A. R. In Kent.

I Don't remember how much they charged but I remember thinking damn that's a fair price for average work, this thing was too pretty to shoot.

Right down off West valley about 5 minutes southeast of south center mall.

IDidn't know him from a can of paint, he did far beyond my expectations.

Link Posted: 7/3/2022 11:59:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Black Hammer Arms
View Quote

Dana is good.
Link Posted: 7/6/2022 6:20:38 AM EDT
[#6]
Hey CavVet, I went down to C. A. R. In Kent, which I thought was the retail, store next to the indoor in Kent, but the old retail store, which I believed to have been C.A.R. is now Rain City Tactical.  I ask the guy at the counter about refinishing, but they do not provide that service.

I checked out Black Hammer’s website and his work is without question, outstanding…. But the price of refinishing is slightly north of $400, which includes the $50 complete disassembly fee.  

Basically that’s about $150 to $200 more than I was hoping to pay since this CZ-82 pistol only cost $250.  I was hoping to stay within the $200 to $250 range.  I was hoping to give this pistol, once refinished, to my oldest daughter, to go with her Beretta M92 Centurion and Bushmaster AR.

I’ll keep my eyes open and if anybody knows of anybody that can offer this service, within the above price range, I’d appreciate the info!

Once I’m done with the CZ-82, I will probably have Black Hammer refinish the slide on my HK P2000!!

As always, THANK YOU for all the replies!!
Link Posted: 7/6/2022 3:39:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Post some pics when it's done

I bought two CZ-82s years back. I think I got both for $300 total. One was for my wife but she thinks it's too heavy and the slide is too stiff

I had the same dot matrix import marks on mine but I just filled them in with a sharpie and the text is not really noticeable.

Great shooting pistols, probably the best 9mm Mak that was made.

Mine even came with the leather Czech police holsters and lanyards with the officers names marked on the belt loop.
Link Posted: 7/23/2022 6:28:20 AM EDT
[#8]
On the side where Century stamped their info, the paint in and around that area had completely chipped off in a very noticeable large area.  At this point, I haven’t had it refinished yet.

I’d like to post a pic, but that’s above my pay grade since I’m basically computer stupid!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top