Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/8/2019 11:06:52 AM EDT
Hey folks. I have a big box of black follower magazines. I've been going through them to scrub clean, recoat with fresh CRC Dry Moly lube, and swap Magpul followers. I've pulled out a small handful of dated pre-bans and figure they can do more good in MA.

My two questions are:
Is it worth the time and money on my end to refinish them first? They come out looking pretty dang good but I don't know what the people want.

What is a reasonable price to ask? I don't want to rip people off but I'm not in a position to give them away either.

Thanks in advance for any light that can be shed on this.
Link Posted: 9/8/2019 3:56:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Good on you for wanting to help people behind enemy lines.

My opinion would be to NOT refinish them. There’s so many mags out there that you won’t make enough money to justify yours over someone else’s.
A new spring and follower can be had for a few bucks/ 5 pack.

I’ve seen plenty of mags sell anywhere from $12-20. I’ve also seen people trade for whatever a new magazine costs. Trades are normally 1 for 1 or two new for 1 preban.

Post them in the EE at any reasonable price and they will sell for more than enough to replace them or just put money back in your pocket.
Link Posted: 9/8/2019 5:42:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Typical Mass prices as-is seem to be $25-35 each.
Link Posted: 11/23/2019 12:15:47 AM EDT
[#3]
Don’t bother refinishing them. The last dozen or so of mixed 20 and 30 rounders on the EE were $20 shipped.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top