Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/5/2018 5:00:34 PM EDT
Here's a Facebook link, and the direct ticket link

If anyone is interested, maybe a burger/brew before?
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 1:12:30 AM EDT
[#1]
I would go, but other climbers will be there.

Did you watch Meru yet?
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 1:33:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Did you watch Meru yet?
View Quote
It's in my Netflix queue.

Yeah, those climbers ...
On the other hand Golden draws a different group from the Boulder tribe.  There was still beer left at the end.
Link Posted: 12/13/2018 12:07:47 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Did you watch Meru yet?
View Quote
Okay, just finished Meru.  Probably still processing details.  But here you go.

That was a pretty good movie about alpinism.  Both I and Mrs. vim enjoyed it.  I think a lot of details got stuck in there in a way that the average viewer will have a much, much better idea of the sport.

The line about "The best alpinists are the ones with the worst memory" cracked me up for a while.

I thought they were going to let Jenni's line, about how she knows that things can happen, go by quietly, but then further along they did the whole Alex Lowe thing and brought the viewers up to speed there.  The poignancy of her initial quiet comment in the movie was lost to someone not familar with their stories.

And the Flatirons shots were very enjoyable.  In the movie, all of a sudden there's a downward shot of rock and lichen and beyond that is a footbridge, and-- hey!  That looks like ... and they pull back and of course it was a shot taken from the base of the Direct East Face route up the First.  I see those rock formations from my home, so hey, of course I liked that bit.  Familiar terrain, literally.

The photography was stunning!  There were some amazing shots.

Thanks for recommending it.  I gave it 5 stars to encourage Netflix to bulk up that subgenre.  (They may not expose user ratings anymore, but they still track them.)
Link Posted: 12/13/2018 12:34:35 AM EDT
[#4]
I thought that you'd like it based on stuff that you've posted. Good.

I also LMAO at that line.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top