Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/5/2022 1:00:45 PM EDT
What: Redwolf 2 Gun Challenge

Where: Angry Emu Range

When: 03/20/2022 10AM - safety meeting/stage planning, overnight camping on Saturday night for those interested

There will be 5 stages which are generally created with input from everyone.  At a minimum a pistol, rifle, ammo, & spare mags is generally all you need.  Holsters, slings, & mag pouches are handy though.  Ranges for pistols are generally 10-25 yards & 50-200 yards for rifles.  2-3 pistol (15rd mags) & 1-2 rifle mags (30rd mags) is usually enough to get through a stage.  Round counts have been fairly low lately.  Stages can include running, barriers, reloads, & other fun challenges we come up with as the day goes on.  Feel free to ask any questions or offer suggestions.

FYI, we'll be skipping April since most of us will be at Cola Warrior SE.

Participants:
MisterTwo + camping
YaBoyKGTho
corruptor
RolandDeschain
DEDX
dalyman72 + 1-2
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 1:28:05 PM EDT
[#1]
I should be able to make it.
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 3:18:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Participants:
MisterTwo + camping
View Quote

I'm going to try to make this one.  

I've got a match the day before near Toccoa, so I'm considering heading straight there instead of returning to Atlanta.  Is camping open to everyone?
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 3:34:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I'm going to try to make this one.  

I've got a match the day before near Toccoa, so I'm considering heading straight there instead of returning to Atlanta.  Is camping open to everyone?
View Quote

Yes, camping is open to anyone willing.
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 4:07:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 9:53:40 PM EDT
[#5]
possibly
Link Posted: 3/10/2022 10:20:44 AM EDT
[#6]
Sorry to say.....I will NOT be able to make this one.  Flying out to Vegas for work that morning.

Anyone near Cobb I could hand the trophy off to?

(I've had it long enough anyway.....)
Link Posted: 3/10/2022 10:49:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 4:23:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
And I'm out. Got a call this afternoon telling me my ass will be working every weekend through May, minus Cola warrior preruns and event week.

See y'all in June. Maybe.
View Quote

That sucks, sorry to  hear that.  

For those who are attending, who all is planning on camping overnight?

Tagging a few of our regulars.
@IHTFP08­
@Proto3
@7mm-08
@Billytehbob
@DEDX
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 4:24:13 PM EDT
[#9]
One more tag
@tok762
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 5:36:53 PM EDT
[#10]
I’ve got drill that weekend, so I will not be in attendance.
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 8:51:06 PM EDT
[#11]
I'll see if I can pull it off.
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 9:19:32 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

That sucks, sorry to  hear that.  

For those who are attending, who all is planning on camping overnight?

Tagging a few of our regulars.
@IHTFP08­
@Proto3
@7mm-08
@Billytehbob
@DEDX
View Quote

Not camping.  Most likely will be there 1st thing in the am.  10am start?
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 9:52:44 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Not camping.  Most likely will be there 1st thing in the am.  10am start?
View Quote

10ish.
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 5:50:21 AM EDT
[#14]
I don’t think I can make this one. Work schedule is stupid lately.
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 9:17:18 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 3/15/2022 8:46:12 AM EDT
[#16]
I'm not going to be able to make it either. Have other plans on sunday already. Have fun.
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 9:35:13 AM EDT
[#17]
I'll come over from SC for this. I'd like to confirm zero prior to 1000, that ok if I start shooting paper a like 0900?

Likely bringing one or two others, one of which beat John last time he showed up
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 10:14:48 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I'll come over from SC for this. I'd like to confirm zero prior to 1000, that ok if I start shooting paper a like 0900?

Likely bringing one or two others, one of which beat John last time he showed up
View Quote

I think a bit later around 9:30 may be preferred. We've got a small group for this weekend so we should have plenty of time to check zero beforehand. We definitely don't have a hard start at 10.
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 10:26:44 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

Figures he's gonna show up now that I won't be there.....Where was he the last 2 rounds?
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 1:36:36 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Figures he's gonna show up now that I won't be there.....Where was he the last 2 rounds?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Letting you get your ego back up a little
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 6:47:53 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

That's just hurtful..... Purposefully hurtful.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 7:10:42 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/illallowit-195.gif
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/illallowit-195.gif

What else are internet friends for?
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 7:42:32 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

Human ATF shields?
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 8:17:11 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Human ATF shields?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Human ATF shields?

I will do my best to show I'm more useful than that
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 8:18:17 PM EDT
[#25]
@MisterTwo

Does the range need anything in particular? Tools/ stuff?
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 9:05:10 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
@MisterTwo

Does the range need anything in particular? Tools/ stuff?
View Quote

We could always use some more white spray paint for the targets. I think we are good otherwise but I haven't been to the range since January.
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 9:08:00 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

We could always use some more white spray paint for the targets. I think we are good otherwise but I haven't been to the range since January.
View Quote

I went last weekend and it was hit pretty hard by the storm. I put most things back up, but that big barricade at about 100-150yard got separated. Hammer and nails should do it.
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 9:12:26 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I went last weekend and it was hit pretty hard by the storm. I put most things back up, but that big barricade at about 100-150yard got separated. Hammer and nails should do it.
View Quote

Thanks for the heads up. I'll add those to the list of supplies for this weekend.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 9:58:17 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

Last time I showed at 9 had the place to myself. I went back and shot a little from the far platforms.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 12:42:16 PM EDT
[#30]
Mostly not in.

Only way that’s gonna change if a) I’m cloned b) time around me slows or c) honey do’s turn into ‘awfuckits’

I really need more time behind my G22 9mm with 6second mount & red dot.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 2:33:46 PM EDT
[#31]
Yeah you do....... AwFuckit's it is!
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 9:05:58 PM EDT
[#32]
Well, looks like I'm out.  I'm still at work and have a ton of stuff that needs to be finished before Monday.
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 10:18:48 PM EDT
[#33]
My +'s dropped, just me tomorrow.

Obstacle zero is a bitch.
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 9:01:42 AM EDT
[#34]
I’m gonna be a few minutes late
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 3:08:14 PM EDT
[#35]
Thanks to everyone who was able to make it out today and as always a big thank you to @Emu for providing the space for the 2guns. Even with a small turnout, it was still a ton of fun and gave me a few more things to work on. dalyman72 is our new champ!
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 3:21:52 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Thanks to everyone who was able to make it out today and as always a big thank you to @Emu for providing the space for the 2guns. Even with a small turnout, it was still a ton of fun and gave me a few more things to work on. dalyman72 is our new champ!
View Quote

Yup, good time.  All of you, except dalyman72 let a 51 yo man beat you, and he only beat me by 1.5 seconds.  
If one of the competitors who will remain nameless used a 556 rifle instead of a .22LR on a certain stage in 20mph cross winds at 200 yards, he would have won overall handily.
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 7:42:39 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Yup, good time.  All of you, except dalyman72 let a 51 yo man beat you, and he only beat me by 1.5 seconds.  
If one of the competitors who will remain nameless used a 556 rifle instead of a .22LR on a certain stage in 20mph cross winds at 200 yards, he would have won overall handily.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It is quite obvious I was not the best shooter there, but I also did not make ill advised gear decisions on critical stages

Wonderful half day, gents. Lots of learning on my part, and I hope to be better next time. I'll keep trying to bring SC bros over.

Remind yourselves, you all got beat by a guy shooting a pistol with irons and wearing plates

Some pics of KG, hopefully he upheld his part of our super official verbal bullshittery, this was a fun stage thought up by Mr. SecondPlace

See yall at CWSE!

Link Posted: 3/20/2022 7:46:34 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

It is quite obvious I was not the best shooter there, but I also did not make ill advised gear decisions on critical stages

Wonderful half day, gents. Lots of learning on my part, and I hope to be better next time. I'll keep trying to bring SC bros over.

Remind yourselves, you all got beat by a guy shooting a pistol with irons and wearing plates

Some pics of KG, hopefully he upheld his part of our super official verbal bullshittery, this was a fun stage thought up by Mr. SecondPlace

See yall at CWSE!

https://i.imgur.com/yKfCFOQ.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/iYsfq3R.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/Vl2HuFY.jpg

View Quote

Thanks for using the good pics!
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 7:54:17 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

See yall at CWSE!

View Quote

I wore plates as well, but did use a pistol with a red dot.  Also those pics are the stage thought up by mister .22LR
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 8:15:37 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

See yall at CWSE!

Post my ugly ones too, I need a new work profile pic. Even if it ain't a SCAR
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 8:37:51 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

See yall at CWSE!

View Quote

Next time the toy guns stay at the house so get ready lol.

It was a lot of fun shooting today and hopefully we can pick it back up again in May after CW.  

Big thanks to Emu as always for letting us to use the range and thanks to everyone for the good times and fun stages.
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 8:50:54 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By Yatzee Squirrel:

It was a lot of fun shooting today and hopefully we can pick it back up again in May after CW.  

Big thanks to Emu as always for letting us to use the range and thanks to everyone for the good times and fun stages.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Yatzee Squirrel:
Quoted:

See yall at CWSE!

I'm ok with a legit ass whooping lol. I'll try to keep it competitive. Great pistol shooting today!

And YES, thank you Emu!!!

Link Posted: 3/21/2022 1:09:01 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote

Congrats!  I will present the trophy to you at Colamas....!

It will be back up for grabs in May, since Cola is taking place during what would have been the next 2gun window for April.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top