Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/3/2020 10:04:33 PM EDT
Hey guys time to clean your guns and load your mags. Hosting another 2 gun challenge Sunday February 23 at the Angry Emu Range in Madison GA. Course will be similar but a little different then previous shoots. Definitely shorter so the wait time will be less between shooters. A little less running and more shooting.  Perfect shot count for the course will be 12 pistol and 13 rifle. Try to be at the range by 10 AM so we can have a safety meeting and walk through of the course.

Hope to see yall there!

Red

Shooters:

MisterTwo
Proto3
Chadjetlag
Wiseanhyzer +1
Grey50beast +1
YaBoyKGTho
Tok 762
7mm-08
IHTFP08
RLunyAtl????
Lonestar12
EKD
Whood
billytehbob
Link Posted: 2/4/2020 10:00:14 AM EDT
[#1]
I'll do my best to be there!
Link Posted: 2/4/2020 1:51:35 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm in.
Link Posted: 2/5/2020 10:35:49 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm planning to be there.
Link Posted: 2/5/2020 3:17:13 PM EDT
[#4]
I've never been to a 2-gun challenge.  Are there any vids showing what to expect?
Link Posted: 2/5/2020 3:49:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've never been to a 2-gun challenge.  Are there any vids showing what to expect?
View Quote
I don't know of any video with our 2-Gun stuff but you can find a ton of similar stuff on Youtube. You can find pictures of the range stickied at the top of the HTF forumn for a better understanding of what the range will look like. We also set up some additional targets. In the past, the stages consist of engaging steel pistol targets, going to another position to engage other steel rifle and/or pistol targets, and so on to create a more dynamic shooting experience than just sitting at a table trying to hit pieces of paper.

I wasn't too familiar with it when I first signed up for the May 2-Gun so there's some good info in this thread on what you need to bring.
Link Posted: 2/5/2020 7:17:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/5/2020 9:23:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote
A little heads up on the course we will be running. There will be 6 different shooting locations, 3 pistol and 3 rifle, all at varying distances but nothing over 100 yards. There will be only one competitor on the course at a time along with a timing and scoring member. Object of the challenge is to have fun and have the fastest time of day. As I posted earlier we will have a walk through of the course before we begin.
Link Posted: 2/5/2020 10:20:29 PM EDT
[#8]
I will be fresh from Oral Surgery so will need to get my heart rate up.  Add me to the list.
Link Posted: 2/6/2020 1:03:28 AM EDT
[#9]
In

I’ve got a portable 2/3 IPSC  target that we could use. Maybe have it as an optional target at or near the creek.

I’ll bring it any way.
Link Posted: 2/6/2020 9:49:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Count me in.

Moving into my new house this Saturday.
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 3:47:20 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Count me in.

Moving into my new house this Saturday.
View Quote
Yeah dog!!!

Need help? I don't have much going on this weekend. Wifey is in SF.
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 2:26:21 PM EDT
[#12]
I'm in.  Ok to get there a tad early to warm up?  (not sight in, just get a couple rounds down range before we go live)
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 9:03:33 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I'm in.  Ok to get there a tad early to warm up?  (not sight in, just get a couple rounds down range before we go live)
View Quote
Not a problem. I'm sure others will need to sight in also. I'll be at the range around 8 AM. Glad you could make it!
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 12:33:23 PM EDT
[#14]
I’ll be there, might even remember to bring the trophy with me.
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 12:47:06 PM EDT
[#15]
It's a 4 hour drive, and I've got morning flights the next day, so I'll try to make this, but thankfully its not on Saturday
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 6:07:02 PM EDT
[#16]
I was looking forward to this, but found out I have a scheduling conflict. I'll have to wait until the next one.
Link Posted: 2/23/2020 6:20:52 PM EDT
[#17]
It was great meeting everyone today. I’ll certainly be coming to the next ones and the HTF shoot for sure.
Link Posted: 2/23/2020 6:51:36 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Hey guys time to clean your guns and load your mags.
View Quote
Tony missed this important part

As always, had a blast with everybody today.

Thanks for all you do, Dave!
Link Posted: 2/23/2020 7:09:57 PM EDT
[#19]
Thanks to all who came out today. We had a good group with some new faces. Hope we have them hooked on a fun time and will come back.

Congrats to Grey50 !! He finally got the trophy by only 6 seconds. And thanks to Lonestar for remembering to bring the trophy.

I really enjoy hosting these events and thanks to all that helped out. With the Spring Shoot coming up the first of April, I won't be hosting another 2 Gun until the first of May.

Y'all by more ammo and stay tuned!

Red
Link Posted: 2/23/2020 8:14:00 PM EDT
[#20]
First time coming to this event. Will be trying to make all the ones in the future. Had tons of fun. Worth the drive down.
Link Posted: 2/24/2020 7:52:30 AM EDT
[#21]
I had a great time as usual.  Thanks Redwolf for hosting these shoots!
Congrats to Greybeast for taking home the trophy.  
I'm looking forward to seeing y'all again in May!
Link Posted: 2/24/2020 12:00:09 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hey guys time to clean your guns and load your mags.

lol it was that dumb compensator that will now stay off the pistol. I’m comin’ for ya next time.

Good shooting with everyone
Link Posted: 2/24/2020 12:21:20 PM EDT
[#23]
Had a great time as always. And it's very satisfying to see how much you've all helped me improve. I've incrementally gone from extremely last, to last, to bottom quartile
Link Posted: 2/24/2020 3:05:13 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

lol it was that dumb compensator that will now stay off the pistol. I’m comin’ for ya next time.

Good shooting with everyone
View Quote
That competition is what keeps us sharp!

And I'm not getting any worse

Thanks everybody for the congrats and for being slightly slower than me. The W feels good
Link Posted: 2/25/2020 9:46:58 AM EDT
[#25]
I believe a good time was had by all.

I suffered from an Aimpoint H2 turning off mid string of fire. Then being too bright and flaring out covering the target.
Pistol did fine for me. Surprised myself with a second shot hit on the 100y silhouette iron sight G17 & Tula ammo.

Congrats greybeast for the W.

Until next time.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top