Site Notices
Posted: 2/19/2021 6:18:39 PM EDT
Abbott just approved it.

Link Posted: 2/19/2021 6:35:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Abbott just approved it.

View Quote
Is it just temporary/emergency, or forever?
Link Posted: 2/19/2021 6:37:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Is it just temporary/emergency, or forever?
View Quote

His authority is only for the state of emergency
Link Posted: 2/19/2021 6:51:00 PM EDT
[#3]
This could get interesting in the near future if you have a truck that you don’t burn much fuel on and someone decides to dip your tanks.
Link Posted: 2/19/2021 7:21:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Off to find a link to share
Link Posted: 2/19/2021 9:49:19 PM EDT
[#6]
I didn't think anyone ran out of diesel at the stores. just regular gas.
Link Posted: 2/19/2021 10:06:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I didn't think anyone ran out of diesel at the stores. just regular gas.
View Quote

There was a few neighborhood stations in north Texas I noticed were out.  Most of the off road diesel pumps your going to find are in more rural areas where it’s going to take some time to get fuel trucks out to them.  It just gives more options to the truckers to keep them running as long as they can find any diesel.  I believe this also allows for #1 to be used too not just off road #2.
Link Posted: 2/20/2021 8:06:38 AM EDT
[#8]
Per the link the waiver is only good until Feb 26 and you are still obligated to pay the difference in tax. They just waive the penalty. How the plan to enforce it I have no idea. Speaking of that I have ran semis and diesel pickups with transfer tanks in the bed for over twenty years and I have never once had my tank checked. I have heard stories of it with the old “my brother in laws cousin got busted at the sale barn they were checking everyone” but I have never heard anyone tell me they personally had their fuel checked.
Link Posted: 2/20/2021 8:08:30 AM EDT
[#9]
There are rumors that dealers who find dyed fuel during say a filter change will void the warranty. Sounds risky.
Link Posted: 2/20/2021 9:16:41 AM EDT
[#10]
Most of us have run it for years. No problems in our trucks. Of the hundreds of thousands of people I had on the diesel site I built only a couple were ever checked and they said they were all up north and just given a warning.
Link Posted: 2/20/2021 12:20:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Only place I have heard people getting checked for fuel is over the road trucks at weigh stations in some states. California has weight stations and weigh/inspection stations. At them they do check for dyed fuel (California diesel is really highly priced due to all the taxes on it.).

I have heard in New Mexico especially on I10 that the weigh/inspection stations require either a road tax sticker for New Mexico or receipt for fuel purchased in New Mexico.
Link Posted: 2/20/2021 12:55:54 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Only place I have heard people getting checked for fuel is over the road trucks at weigh stations in some states. California has weight stations and weigh/inspection stations. At them they do check for dyed fuel (California diesel is really highly priced due to all the taxes on it.).

I have heard in New Mexico especially on I10 that the weigh/inspection stations require either a road tax sticker for New Mexico or receipt for fuel purchased in New Mexico.
View Quote

The old timers always tell me that they would get inspected while at auction or while at a AG extension during a seminar.  I never had my tanks dipped that I know of.  I also never put off road in my main tank so I never had a ticket waiting for me so I would have idea if it was ever checked.
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 4:04:21 AM EDT
[#13]
My uncle got checked on his farm probably 15 years ago. He was in business with his two brothers and one of them got popped with dyed diesel.

You have to get a permit to buy red diesel and kerosene. We used to keep a 500 gallon tank of red kerosene on our property to run emergency heaters, but we changed up, I only have 4 -55 gallon drums now. But my fuel dealer also carried red diesel and we just started keeping a few drums on site for our tractors and fork lift. Hmmm... 45 cents a gallon tax on that stuff normally. Criminal.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top