Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/16/2020 8:42:27 AM EDT
I'd like to purchase 20-40 acres of land purely for recreational purposes (camping, fishing, hunting, etc.) In Washington this year.  Looking from Chelan on east towards Spokane, I've found a few accessible plots for around $1k/acre that I could toss a prefabbed cabin/shack on this year.  Anything I should watch out for, suggestions, or ideas?
Link Posted: 2/16/2020 2:30:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Yeah - I'd like to invest too.  SERIOUS! LOL
Link Posted: 2/16/2020 5:09:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Anything I should know about Yakima?  Found one on the south slope of a hill 4 miles from town, no trees though.  Is 4 miles good enough to shoot without the sheriff showing up?
Link Posted: 2/16/2020 6:11:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/16/2020 7:17:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Go farther east to Idaho.
View Quote
Avoiding income tax in case I find a good spot to build for retirement.  Something like this is what I'm looking for...

https://www.landwatch.com/Chelan-County-Washington-Land-for-sale/pid/334964798
Link Posted: 2/16/2020 7:21:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Avoiding income tax in case I find a good spot to build for retirement.  Something like this is what I'm looking for...

https://www.landwatch.com/Chelan-County-Washington-Land-for-sale/pid/334964798
View Quote
6% income Is nothing compared to 10% sales take
Link Posted: 2/16/2020 8:50:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Availability of power, water and septic.  Suggest having a feasibility study as part of any purchase and sale.  Talk to water and septic guys about how long that feasibility should be.
Link Posted: 2/17/2020 1:04:15 AM EDT
[#7]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top