BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 5:39:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Mixed feelings...

Me: I don't use it, so I don't really care one way or another.
Also me: I don't want to be like a fudd and say, well I don't care if they ban that as I don't Smoke/Shoot them. I want the Govt outta my choices.

Also,  I have concerns about how this will Legally, effect 2nd Amendment rights.

Before anymore states waste time legalizing it, IF they are going to do it, I rather see it go Federal 1st, then let the state follow.

Link Posted: 8/9/2022 5:52:49 PM EDT
[#2]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6QkVTx2d88

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVFWtV2Wp4c
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 6:17:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Good.

The medical weed racket is a joke.

I will be voting to approve this, and have no plans on partaking.
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 6:27:52 PM EDT
[#4]
I don't really care if people use it in the privacy of their homes, but I don't want to be smelling that stink EVERYWHERE like you do in Las Vegas, Denver, and all these other places that legalized it.  It's everywhere......and the people are f'n stupid on it.  You can't eat in a restaurant without somebody at a nearby table who stinks.  It's bad enough around here with everyone with a medical card vaping constantly, this will be even worse.  I don't get how public open container and public drunkenness prohibitions exist, yet you can smoke pot and get high on the sidewalk.

I don't know the science behind secondary smoke / contact highs, but as a FFL and pilot, I don't want that stuff anywhere near me.  The feds don't care how it got into your system, you test positive and you're in big trouble.  There was a case of a young new hire airline pilot that proved he got poisoned with cocaine by a vengeful roommate, but it didn't matter, he still lost his pilot certificates.  All this CBD oil, pills, etc have bit a couple pilots too.....as some of it has THC in it.

So, I will be voting no, unless there are a lot of restrictions on when/where/how it's legal......but I fear any of those restrictions will go away within a few years, or not be enforced.

I like the idea of the fed legalizing it, then the states follow.  Also, like all the other "sin" taxes, I don't believe in taxing something to make it ok.  It's so bad until they can make money on it......
Link Posted: 8/10/2022 12:38:17 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I don't really care if people use it in the privacy of their homes, but I don't want to be smelling that stink EVERYWHERE like you do in Las Vegas, Denver, and all these other places that legalized it.  It's everywhere......and the people are f'n stupid on it.  You can't eat in a restaurant without somebody at a nearby table who stinks.  It's bad enough around here with everyone with a medical card vaping constantly, this will be even worse.  I don't get how public open container and public drunkenness prohibitions exist, yet you can smoke pot and get high on the sidewalk.

I don't know the science behind secondary smoke / contact highs, but as a FFL and pilot, I don't want that stuff anywhere near me.  The feds don't care how it got into your system, you test positive and you're in big trouble.  There was a case of a young new hire airline pilot that proved he got poisoned with cocaine by a vengeful roommate, but it didn't matter, he still lost his pilot certificates.  All this CBD oil, pills, etc have bit a couple pilots too.....as some of it has THC in it.

So, I will be voting no, unless there are a lot of restrictions on when/where/how it's legal......but I fear any of those restrictions will go away within a few years, or not be enforced.

I like the idea of the fed legalizing it, then the states follow.  Also, like all the other "sin" taxes, I don't believe in taxing something to make it ok.  It's so bad until they can make money on it......
View Quote

No worries, FTA allows 15 nanograms/decaliter before issuing a positive test. No one is failing from secondary contact unless they are hanging out on Willy Nelson's tour bus.

The CBD stuff you mentioned is a real threat to anyone who is tested. When people say they really feel whatever brand cbd they are pimping its many times because it has some sort of THC in it like delta 8.
Link Posted: 8/10/2022 1:41:09 AM EDT
[#6]
One of my main concerns with it being passed, is our state becoming another liberal shit hole like Cali, Oregon etc that have passed similar laws. Look how quickly Colorado fell after they passed their law.
I also remember reading somewhere that the bill was tied to one person/group in MO that stood to make millions from it.
Link Posted: 8/10/2022 6:40:21 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
One of my main concerns with it being passed, is our state becoming another liberal shit hole like Cali, Oregon etc that have passed similar laws. Look how quickly Colorado fell after they passed their law . . .
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/10/2022 6:52:11 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I also remember reading somewhere that the bill was tied to one person/group in MO that stood to make millions from it.
View Quote

You don't say? . . .

I'm sure that's true. The cannabis industry would surely like to see their market grow. But, would you rather all the money people spend on pot keep going to illegal drug dealers or to regulated storefront businesses who pay taxes?

Also, you have to understand that many major legislative changes benefit some group or another. That's kind of the way of the world, isn't it?
Link Posted: 8/10/2022 8:10:16 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Good.

The medical weed racket is a joke.

View Quote

I think that's where I'm at.
Link Posted: 8/10/2022 8:57:16 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

I'm 46. Never tried weed. Have no intentions of trying it.  I'll be voting yes as well.  Personally, I feel alcohol is more destructive than weed.
Link Posted: 8/10/2022 9:03:30 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I'm 46. Never tried weed. Have no intentions of trying it.  I'll be voting yes as well.  Personally, I feel alcohol is more destructive than weed.
View Quote

I'm 62 and smoked a ton of weed when I was young. I think I'd be open to trying some edibles once it's legal, but I will not smoke pot again. I haven't smoked anything since I put down my last cigarette in 1989, and have no intention of starting.

I firmly believe the societal harm from pot being illegal is greater than it would be if it were legal. I'm not saying having people smoking legal pot will be great for Missouri/America but I think having an unregulated illegal trade with no restrictions on who can buy pot, a flourishing underground economy with no taxation that is controlled by criminals, the resulting loss of respect for laws due to people choosing to violate what they believe are unjust laws, the incarceration and/or reputation destruction of otherwise law-abiding citizens and the growth of police power/authority/intrusion as part of the war on drugs has had far more negative effects than people getting high. The juice of the failed attempt to limit the supply of a natural plant just isn't worth the squeeze. Legalize it. Regulate it. Tax it.

And yes, alcohol is at least as harmful to society.
Link Posted: 8/10/2022 9:19:55 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
One of my main concerns with it being passed, is our state becoming another liberal shit hole like Cali, Oregon etc that have passed similar laws. Look how quickly Colorado fell after they passed their law.
View Quote

This. This ballot initiative always brings out the shitbirds. The commies usually time it to an election year when they need to get out the vote against a candidate they hate. Then once the initiative passes that state turns into a mess. Example: see the states mentioned above.
Link Posted: 8/10/2022 9:24:33 AM EDT
[#13]
I have never tried it and have no plans to either. I also agree that the whole medical marijuana deal is a sham. Too many have cards that don't have any medical issues.

I feel this is similar to the motorcycle helmet law. Get the government out of the decision all together. If I was still riding I would definitely still wear a helmet, but that is an individual choice. Same goes with marijuana.

I also feel that the federal gun laws need to change if marijuana is made legal at the federal level. As it is with states allowing marijuana, it is still illegal to use and possess firearms per federal law.

I also don't want to see our state go down the drain over this either. Nor do I want to smell it everywhere when out in public.
Link Posted: 8/10/2022 10:00:22 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

This. This ballot initiative always brings out the shitbirds. The commies usually time it to an election year when they need to get out the vote against a candidate they hate. Then once the initiative passes that state turns into a mess. Example: see the states mentioned above.
View Quote

That wouldnt happen if Repubs would get off their asses and go vote in every election.
Link Posted: 8/10/2022 11:39:09 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 8/10/2022 12:37:40 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I think cigarettes smell worse, and some smokers make little effort to keep it away from others.
View Quote

Marijuana does stink something fierce. And it hangs on a person like bad B.O. I always got a chuckle from the folks who came into my shop smelling like they just rode into town with Cheech and Chong. They were completely clueless of how much they reeked.
Link Posted: 8/10/2022 2:21:30 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 8/10/2022 5:09:27 PM EDT
[#18]
More freedom = more better
Link Posted: 8/10/2022 5:45:25 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 8/10/2022 6:56:46 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
There STILL is the issue of impaired driving. It DOES make your reaction times slower.

I’ve arrested too many people for possession to vote yes.
View Quote

Driving while stoned will still be illegal if this passes.

ETA: You won't have to arrest nearly as many people for possession if this passes.
Link Posted: 8/10/2022 7:01:03 PM EDT
[#21]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXtumnTN6zg
Link Posted: 8/10/2022 7:46:44 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
There STILL is the issue of impaired driving. It DOES make your reaction times slower.

View Quote

Maybe we should try outlawing alcohol.
Link Posted: 8/10/2022 9:14:25 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Maybe we should try outlawing alcohol.
View Quote

Yeah that worked out so well the last time alcohol was banned.
Link Posted: 8/10/2022 10:04:52 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

People are still going to do it. DUI laws haven't stopped them from drunk driving. This will be no different. It's not like the government cares anyways.
Link Posted: 8/11/2022 6:01:34 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

That's a fucking retarded way of thinking.
Link Posted: 8/11/2022 9:29:12 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ This is my main concern. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Link Posted: 8/11/2022 10:21:58 AM EDT
[#27]
I would like to see the GOP start making more principled decisions regarding government deregulation and not getting in people's personal life.

You arent going to "save" missouri from becoming a blue state by banning weed. You arent going to invite mass liberals by legalizing it.

But, you have a real solid chance of losing younger voters, coming of age, deciding what party to align with by banging on about the evils of weed.

Exactly how much morality have we achieved in society through the older generation's theory that morality can be legislated?

Zero, in fact, these exact theories have cause regression in morality.
Link Posted: 8/11/2022 10:41:16 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The green rush is over, libs won't be moving here for legal weed.
Link Posted: 8/11/2022 11:10:14 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

No, they move here for cheap land. The humidity and ticks are just a bonus.

Quoted:

You arent going to "save" missouri from becoming a blue state by banning weed. You arent going to invite mass liberals by legalizing it.

Our abortion laws should convince most liberals to look elsewhere.
Link Posted: 8/11/2022 12:47:01 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 8/11/2022 2:55:40 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/11/2022 3:28:10 PM EDT
[#32]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/deOINby-52.gif

Yeah all those libs in Kansas will be overtaking our state, especially with as Bladeswitcher pointed out our super lib abortion laws.
Link Posted: 8/11/2022 4:19:52 PM EDT
[#33]

Just like constitutional carry. There will be blood running in the streets.
Link Posted: 8/11/2022 9:29:42 PM EDT
[#34]
I’m down.  I haven’t smoked in years, and can’t even if it passes because of an unused, but required CDL.  Less government regulation, especially regulations that put people in jail for non-violent things is good.
Link Posted: 8/11/2022 9:40:43 PM EDT
[#35]
Of course it did... there's an election for a democrat senator to win. Gotta get your voters out.
Link Posted: 8/11/2022 10:39:12 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Yeah all those libs in Kansas will be overtaking our state, especially with as Bladeswitcher pointed out our super lib abortion laws.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I hope I'm wrong. 7 states touch Missouri however and only 1 of those that I know of have legalized it. Millions more Americans are fleeing west coast states as well.
Link Posted: 8/11/2022 11:15:27 PM EDT
[#37]
FYI:  8 states border MO:  Iowa, Illinois, Tennessee, Kentucky,  Arkansas,  Oklahoma,  Kansas, & Nebraska
Link Posted: 8/11/2022 11:57:59 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
FYI:  8 states border MO:  Iowa, Illinois, Tennessee, Kentucky,  Arkansas,  Oklahoma,  Kansas, & Nebraska
View Quote

That's the most border states of any other state except Tennessee (which is also 8!)
Link Posted: 8/12/2022 12:16:31 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not wanting impaired people driving is retarded?
Link Posted: 8/12/2022 2:23:11 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

I forgot about Kentucky.
Link Posted: 8/12/2022 2:26:42 AM EDT
[#41]
I will be voting against it. I am all for adults enjoying the devil's weed for medical or recreational purposes. I have seen how cannabis has helped those with medical conditions like veterans suffering with PTSD or relieve the pain of cancer sufferers like the Olivia Newton-John. I have friends who are cannabis advocates here in Missouri. The proposed law only benefits large out of state companies to maintain a monopoly on Missouri's cannabis industry. I will withhold my vote until better legislation comes around.

ETA:

Missouri Ballot Initiative on Recreational Marijuana Faces Opposition from Legalization Advocates
Link Posted: 8/12/2022 6:17:09 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I will be voting against it. I am all for adults enjoying the devil's weed for medical or recreational purposes. I have seen how cannabis has helped those with medical conditions like veterans suffering with PTSD or relieve the pain of cancer sufferers like the Olivia Newton-John. I have friends who are cannabis advocates here in Missouri. The proposed law only benefits large out of state companies to maintain a monopoly on Missouri's cannabis industry. I will withhold my vote until better legislation comes around.

ETA:

Missouri Ballot Initiative on Recreational Marijuana Faces Opposition from Legalization Advocates
View Quote

I'm going to need to read more about this, but my initial reaction is "Yeah, well, what do you expect?" The industry is going to be controlled by "Big Pot"? Well, what a surprise?

Users will still be able to grow their own, and folks aren't going to be getting busted for possessing small amounts. That seems like a win to me.

ETA: Here’s a story that discusses the monopoly concerns. FWIW, i’m much less concerned about who gets to sell it than i am about no longer making people who use it criminals.

https://www.newspressnow.com/news/national_news/politics/marijuana-monopoly-missouri-amendment-fight-centers-on-who-gets-a-coveted-license/article_bbd42b37-de4c-591a-9a5c-4c69e19ddfa4.html

Link Posted: 8/12/2022 6:21:10 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If that what you took from my comment I'll just have to assume you're a Barney Fife too.
Link Posted: 8/12/2022 9:17:00 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ok, so the availability marijuana will increase impaired driving.

I guess the increase of gun sales raises shootings.

I guess constitutional carry will increase shootings.

I suppose outlawing abortion will lead to back ally wire hanger parties going up.

Or maybe not.

I can go to the doctor right now and get scripts for weed, xanax and oxy. Then swing by CVS to get the pills and snag a few gallons of vodka.

You wanna party all legal like?

Link Posted: 8/12/2022 12:48:15 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

I hope I'm wrong. 7 states touch Missouri however and only 1 of those that I know of have legalized it. Millions more Americans are fleeing west coast states as well.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If it passes I'm sure we'll get a few people that legal weed is the icing on the cake for their decision to move, I honestly don't see it being like CO though with as many other states have rec and med weed legal. Libs don't mind a med card the way most of us do.

I think Starlink being slow to roll out due to chip shortages is a blessing in some regards. With WFH and cheap land in BFE MO that's my biggest fear.
Link Posted: 8/12/2022 12:55:03 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

I suppose outlawing abortion will lead to back ally wire hanger parties going up.

Or maybe not.

I can go to the doctor right now and get scripts for weed, xanax and oxy. Then swing by CVS to get the pills and snag a few gallons of vodka.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Or maybe not.

A friend of mine is an OTR truck driver, he's against legal weed because he doesn't want 80,000 pounds going down the road driven by a high driver

The mental disconnect so many reasonably intelligent people make is shameful.
Link Posted: 8/12/2022 1:13:01 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

A friend of mine is an OTR truck driver, he's against legal weed because he doesn't want 80,000 pounds going down the road driven by a high driver

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Or maybe not.

Some of the best stories I have EVER heard were from truckers in the 70s/80s taking amphetamines like skittles.

One of them was about being passed by a large dragon that was towing a sailboat.
Link Posted: 8/12/2022 1:14:42 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yeah, ‘cause they’re not doing it now. It’s illegal.
Link Posted: 8/12/2022 3:20:33 PM EDT
[#49]
Legal weed has ruined Denver and a lot of other once nice cities. If you don't believe that, go there and talk to the locals (I have). And if you think legalizing weed will cut down on the illegal weed trade and the associated crime and violence that goes with it, you're wrong there too, just ask cops who work where it's legal (again, I have). I've arrested too many meth and heroin addicts to count and every single one of them that I asked said they started out by smoking weed. No, not everyone who smokes weed becomes a meth addict, but I do believe it is a gateway drug for people who are predisposed to substance abuse. On top of these facts, I just don't like potheads. They stink, they're lazy, they don't contribute in any positive way to society. I agree alcohol is probably just as bad, and for that reason I also don't like alcoholics. I'm jaded of course because I've seen what substance abuse does to people over my 35+ years of police work, but saying we should legalize weed because people are going to do it anyway or that it's no worse than alcohol is a piss poor argument in my cranky old fart opinion.
Link Posted: 8/12/2022 3:26:34 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I've arrested too many meth and heroin addicts to count and every single one of them that I asked said they started out by smoking weed. No, not everyone who smokes weed becomes a meth addict, but I do believe it is a gateway drug for people who are predisposed to substance abuse.
View Quote

More than 98% of alcoholics started out drinking milk. That’s a fact.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top