Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/9/2018 3:50:46 PM EDT
How many CPL holders do you guys think will get caught up in the legal system once this goes into effect soon?

I'm guessing quite a few of the non hardcore gun guys/gals that might just have a CPL and a gun or two are going to get jammed up hard.

Wondering what the MSP puts out in regards to this?

While I will not be partaking I think it should be legal on all levels however it presents quite the legal headache for non informed gun owners.
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 7:12:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Won't be an issue on State Level

If you get popped deer hunting on Fed Land by USDA or BLM, you fudged.
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 11:37:10 PM EDT
[#2]
I can't remember if it was PA or ME that was talking about pulling CCW permits for people who had MM cards.
Link Posted: 11/10/2018 1:32:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Won't need the MMCard in 30 days. Nobody will know, unless you visit a "known" Pot store, grow shop or black market dealer.

Local grow shop is 100 yards from the State Police Post, there won't be any camera's pointing the grow shops way.
Link Posted: 11/13/2018 12:15:57 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I can't remember if it was PA or ME that was talking about pulling CCW permits for people who had MM cards.
View Quote
I believe it was PA.. I don't know if that's still the case.

http://www2.philly.com/philly/business/cannabis/pa-medical-marijuana-law-enforcement-stop-patient-gun-purchases-feds-legalize-20180112.html
https://www.compassionatecertificationcenters.com/faqs/
https://www.psp.pa.gov/firearms-information/Pages/Firearms-Information.aspx
Link Posted: 11/13/2018 8:18:27 AM EDT
[#5]
If it’s no longer a crime to possess marijuana, then those laws should be removed from the list of CPL violations. I’ll have to read the law to determine how thoroughly they wrote the proposal and what it changes.

If done correctly, it will not be an issue for CPL holders.
Link Posted: 11/13/2018 11:05:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Won't need the MMCard in 30 days. Nobody will know, unless you visit a "known" Pot store, grow shop or black market dealer.

Local grow shop is 100 yards from the State Police Post, there won't be any camera's pointing the grow shops way.
View Quote
They need more than “He shopped at XYZ store, therefore has drugs”.

There are a few people out there that grow food indoors in the winter to make that warrant request not stick.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top