Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/30/2019 4:47:34 PM EDT
Looking for good ranges with friendly members.  Hopefully those that don't have longtime members that are not welcoming to new members.  
Any suggestions?
Link Posted: 9/30/2019 7:10:01 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't belong to any range but silver bullet has always been super friendly to me all the years I have been there
Link Posted: 10/1/2019 11:29:24 AM EDT
[#2]
I have been a member at Sparta hunting and fishing club for 5 years now.  All around it's a decent club.  Only complaint I have is the rifle bay is only 125 yards.  Other than that it's great for $75/year.  OP any interest in shooting action pistol?  We have a match this Saturday.  It's open to the public and good excuse to stop by and check the place out and meet some members.  I'm happy to answer any questions about the place.
Link Posted: 10/1/2019 12:13:56 PM EDT
[#3]
West Michigan is a large area

What city are you nearest?
Link Posted: 10/2/2019 1:16:53 PM EDT
[#4]
South Kent Sportsman's Club.

It is really the only club with useable space. Or pay 20 dollars an hour for indoor.
Link Posted: 10/2/2019 10:16:25 PM EDT
[#5]
When I moved to the Marne/Allendale area I tried so hard to find a house with enough land to build my own range. Instead I ended up on 3 acres with neighbors all around...

I’m not far from the west walker sportsman club but they only let you shoot rifles from a bench rest. No thanks.

I’ve been to south Kent sportsman’s and they have a nice set up, I just wish it wasn’t so far away.

I started working in Holland 6 months ago and I’m amazed there isn’t a range between where I live and holland that I can shoot my rifles at.
Link Posted: 10/4/2019 4:57:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
When I moved to the Marne/Allendale area I tried so hard to find a house with enough land to build my own range. Instead I ended up on 3 acres with neighbors all around...

I’m not far from the west walker sportsman club but they only let you shoot rifles from a bench rest. No thanks.

I’ve been to south Kent sportsman’s and they have a nice set up, I just wish it wasn’t so far away.

I started working in Holland 6 months ago and I’m amazed there isn’t a range between where I live and holland that I can shoot my rifles at.
View Quote
South Kent Looks to be perfect, but too far for me - You would think there would be more options around.
Link Posted: 10/9/2019 8:01:45 AM EDT
[#7]
Again, you didn't state which part of W Michigan you are from ...

If you're in the SW region, PM me
Link Posted: 10/10/2019 3:55:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Again, you didn't state which part of W Michigan you are from ...

If you're in the SW region, PM me
View Quote
I am near Alpine township
Link Posted: 10/10/2019 9:34:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I am near Alpine township
View Quote
Theres a small range on state land near 20 mile and spartan Avenue. And then there is the kent conservation league.
Link Posted: 10/11/2019 6:10:06 PM EDT
[#10]
On 20 mile and 1/2 mile West of Red Pine

Rogue River Rec Area
Link Posted: 10/12/2019 6:54:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Theres a small range on state land near 20 mile and spartan Avenue. And then there is the kent conservation league.
View Quote
Thanks for the help.  Was wondering where exactly this is and what is allowed?  Target ranges?
Link Posted: 10/13/2019 7:08:40 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
South Kent Sportsman's Club.

It is really the only club with useable space. Or pay 20 dollars an hour for indoor.
View Quote
Shhhhhh, keep that gem under wraps haha

But for real. It’s not that far past silver bullet. Maybe 20 minutes more?
Link Posted: 10/13/2019 10:03:32 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I have been a member at Sparta hunting and fishing club for 5 years now.  All around it's a decent club.  Only complaint I have is the rifle bay is only 125 yards.  Other than that it's great for $75/year.  OP any interest in shooting action pistol?  We have a match this Saturday.  It's open to the public and good excuse to stop by and check the place out and meet some members.  I'm happy to answer any questions about the place.
View Quote
I was a member there for a decade when I lived nearby.
Link Posted: 10/23/2019 9:52:26 PM EDT
[#14]
My friend was a member at the fenville gun club. Could shoot out to 400. Would show up and have the place to ourselves most days so we could run n gun.
Link Posted: 10/24/2019 10:08:02 AM EDT
[#15]
I want to join South Kent, myself.

There is a open public outdoor DNR range by Hastings off Yankee Springs rd. But one of the reasons I want to join South Kent is I'm assuming since you're paying to be there, the idiot ratio will be lower. I have been flagged several times by idiots who nonchalantly point their gun back at the firing line without thinking.
Link Posted: 10/24/2019 3:56:57 PM EDT
[#16]
Cadillac Sportsmans Club.  600 (500 actually) yard range.  Strong High Power group there.  2 hours straight north of GR.
Link Posted: 11/22/2019 8:39:53 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote
@66cuda

North Ottawa rod and gun is just south of Grand Haven

https://norgc.org/

Also tulip city rod and gun in Holland
Link Posted: 11/22/2019 8:40:32 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
On 20 mile and 1/2 mile West of Red Pine

Rogue River Rec Area
View Quote
Bring body armor
Link Posted: 11/23/2019 10:16:10 AM EDT
[#19]
That's not a good sign
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top