Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/14/2020 11:50:41 PM EDT
Looking for a recommendation for doctor in the Vancouver area that will prescribe HC for treatment of Coronavirus.  I have called 5 urgent care places or primary care offices in the area.  None will prescribe it.

Do not need anything right now (not a hoarder).  Just want to have a doctor lined up who will prescribe it to me if I get sick 2 or 3 months from now.

Send me a PM please.

Link Posted: 5/15/2020 8:28:33 AM EDT
[#1]
Why not let the medical staff who cares for you IF you get sick determine the best course of treatment at that time? Information on treatments is changing continually as more is know about the virus.  And while HC may have looked promising early on, there have been too many mixed results and studies that are showing no benefit.

Link Posted: 5/15/2020 9:38:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By John_H:
Why not let the medical staff who cares for you IF you get sick determine the best course of treatment at that time? Information on treatments is changing continually as more is know about the virus.  And while HC may have looked promising early on, there have been too many mixed results and studies that are showing no benefit.

View Quote

There have been many studies showing HC works.  The Association of American Physicians and Surgeons compiled data from a few places and found over 91% percent effectiveness.  They even included the fake VA study in their results.  They said in all the data there were 63 deaths, all but 11 came from the VA study.  (The VA study gave HC to people who had severe symptoms for 14 days, while the "control" group was people who had only mild symptoms.)

A French study found a 98% percent effectiveness rate:  https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2020/04/trumps-miracle-drug-french-study-1000-patients-including-seniors-see-98-success-rate-hydroxychloroquine-azithromycin-regimen/

If I were infected, I would absolutely take it.  You can do what-ever you want with your health.
Link Posted: 5/15/2020 11:10:38 PM EDT
[#3]
And more recent studies are showing no benefit, or an increased risk of side effects.  You do whatever you want.  Read all those non-medically produced "studies" available on the Internet.  For that matter, there was a post in GD saying you could take fish tank cleaner, because it's the same stuff.  If it's on the Internet, it must be true, right?  /sarcasm

Link Posted: 5/16/2020 1:24:01 PM EDT
[#4]
And more recent studies are showing no benefit, or an increased risk of side effects.  You do whatever you want.  Read all those non-medically produced "studies" available on the Internet.  For that matter, there was a post in GD saying you could take fish tank cleaner, because it's the same stuff.  If it's on the Internet, it must be true, right?  /sarcasm

View Quote

Are you calling the data from The Association of American Physicians and Surgeons a "non medically produced study"?  Or the study from the French doctor?

If you have a legitimate study that shows HC does not work, I would love to see it.

What increased risk of side effects?  HC is a 65 year old medication.  People take it for rheumatoid arthritis and lupis on a regular basis.  Long term prescriptions for years.  It is considered safe for women who are pregnant.  We know what the potential side effects are.  

Link Posted: 5/16/2020 2:20:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Are you calling the data from The Association of American Physicians and Surgeons a "non medically produced study"?  Or the study from the French doctor?

If you have a legitimate study that shows HC does not work, I would love to see it.

What increased risk of side effects?  HC is a 65 year old medication.  People take it for rheumatoid arthritis and lupis on a regular basis.  Long term prescriptions for years.  We know what the potential side effects are.

View Quote
Journal of the American Medical Association

Center for Infectious Disease Research and Policy

The study that you linked in the Gateway Pundit article has been slammed by many in the scientific community.  https://retractionwatch.com/2020/04/06/hydroxychlorine-covid-19-study-did-not-meet-publishing-societys-expected-standard/

And you should do some more research into AAPS.  https://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2020/02/aaps-make-health-care-great-again/607015/

Side effects

What I'm saying in all this is keep up on current research and news reports.  Don't try and game the system for something that you think might happen to you down the road.  By that time, there may be a whole new, effective treatment out for Covid-19.

However, if you prefer to follow the path that you're currently on, I have a bunch of tin foil that I'm willing to sell to you.

Link Posted: 5/16/2020 4:09:47 PM EDT
[#6]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Dr Roult's first study (March 20) was allegedly ripped in peer review.  His second study, which I posted the link to, repeated the results of the first.  A 98% percent success rate.

From the article you posted the drug was only giving to people with severe symptoms:

Patients who received hydroxychloroquine were more severely ill at baseline than those who did not receive drug.

Just like the fake VA study.  They gave HC only to people who had severe symptoms.  And lots of them died.

Other real studies have shown great effectiveness when HC is given early on.  And in fact, that it must be given early on.  By some reports symptoms resolving in as little as 5 hours.  Australia started handing it out like candy when President Trump said it was a miracle cure.   They prescribe it for outpatient.  Their mortality rate is 1/3 of 1% percent of the state of New York (per capita).  

Again HC is a 65 year old medication.  It is considered safe for pregnant women.

Quoted:
What I'm saying in all this is keep up on current research and news reports.  Don't try and game the system for something that you think might happen to you down the road.  By that time, there may be a whole new, effective treatment out for Covid-19.

However, if you prefer to follow the path that you're currently on, I have a bunch of tin foil that I'm willing to sell to you.

If you don't want to take the Hydroxychloroquine because you are a Never-Trumper and you would rather die, that is your business.  Don't present fake articles to me and try to make medical decisions for me.  Go fuck yourself.

This thread was started in Hometown and not GD because I am looking for a doctor recommendation.  If you are looking for an argument take that crap back to DU with the rest of the Never-Trumpers.

Link Posted: 5/16/2020 4:18:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

If you don't want to take the Hydroxychloroquine because you are a Never-Trumper and you would rather die, that is your business.  Don't present fake articles to me and try to make medical decisions for me.  Go fuck yourself.

This thread was started in Hometown and not GD because I am looking for a doctor recommendation.  If you are looking for an argument take that crap back to DU with the rest of the Never-Trumpers.

View Quote
I never once brought politics into this. You don't know me or know which way I vote.

I presented articles that refuted yours, but they are somehow "fake" because they disagree with your preconceived ideas.  I pointed out that the science isn't in yet, and I'm told to "go fuck yourself."

You mad bro?

I suggest you return to the playground and let the adults in your life make your medical decisions for you, because you're obviously not mature enough (or smart enough) to do so for yourself.
Link Posted: 5/16/2020 6:17:17 PM EDT
[#8]
I never once brought politics into this. You don't know me or know which way I vote.

I presented articles that refuted yours, but they are somehow "fake" because they disagree with your preconceived ideas.  I pointed out that the science isn't in yet, and I'm told to "go fuck yourself."

You mad bro?

I suggest you return to the playground and let the adults in your life make your medical decisions for you, because you're obviously not mature enough (or smart enough) to do so for yourself.
View Quote

I don't know if you read the articles you sent me.  The one article actually said they only gave HC to the people who severely sick.  Just like the fake VA study.  You were debunked by your own articles.  Some people hear what they want to hear I guess.

I'm not asking for your fake medical advise, or your opinion.  

People like you who have chosen to politicize life saving medicine with your dangerous rhetoric are causing innocent people to die.
Link Posted: 5/16/2020 6:56:24 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I don't know if you read the articles you sent me.  The one article actually said they only gave HC to the people who severely sick.  Just like the fake VA study.  You were debunked by your own articles.  Some people hear what they want to hear I guess.

I'm not asking for your fake medical advise, or your opinion.  

People like you who have chosen to politicize life saving medicine with your dangerous rhetoric are causing innocent people to die.

View Quote
You know, I'm really trying hard not to respond to you, but you make it just too damn enticing and easy.

The minute you start spouting about "fake VA study" tells me that you're getting your medical information from conspiracy-related social media sources, rather than actual medical professionals.

The only medical advice that I gave you was to not completely rely on your own preconceived notions, and to consult with the medical professionals if and when you actually get sick for the best treatment options.  You know.  The ones that have years of study and experience in the medical field.  The ones that have gotten advance degrees in the various medical fields related to infectious diseases.  Not people who get all their so-called knowledge from Google.

And no where did I attempt to politicize anything in this thread.  And if by "dangerous rhetoric", you mean me telling you to consult with those with actual knowledge, rather than relying on the internet... well, then I guess I'm guilty of that.  I prefer to get my medical advice from medical professionals that way.  I didn't know that made me dangerous as well.  I feel empowered now.  

Going back through this thread, I'm trying to figure out (apart from disagreeing with your preconceived ideas), what I did to set you off.  All that I can find is my tin foil reference.  I figure that must have been what caused you to be such a snowflake.  I'm guessing that it's been used on your before.  So I will never use that term with you again, despite any lunacy that you spout.
Link Posted: 5/16/2020 10:19:24 PM EDT
[#10]
You know, I'm really trying hard not to respond to you, but you make it just too damn enticing and easy.

The minute you start spouting about "fake VA study" tells me that you're getting your medical information from conspiracy-related social media sources, rather than actual medical professionals.

The only medical advice that I gave you was to not completely rely on your own preconceived notions, and to consult with the medical professionals if and when you actually get sick for the best treatment options.  You know.  The ones that have years of study and experience in the medical field.  The ones that have gotten advance degrees in the various medical fields related to infectious diseases.  Not people who get all their so-called knowledge from Google.

And no where did I attempt to politicize anything in this thread.  And if by "dangerous rhetoric", you mean me telling you to consult with those with actual knowledge, rather than relying on the internet... well, then I guess I'm guilty of that.  I prefer to get my medical advice from medical professionals that way.  I didn't know that made me dangerous as well.  I feel empowered now.  

Going back through this thread, I'm trying to figure out (apart from disagreeing with your preconceived ideas), what I did to set you off.  All that I can find is my tin foil reference.  I figure that must have been what caused you to be such a snowflake.  I'm guessing that it's been used on your before.  So I will never use that term with you again, despite any lunacy that you spout.
View Quote

I can tell you have not read the VA study.  Nor the comments on it.  Yet here you are trying to dubunk the peer review.

Let me know if you can follow this.  

The VA study took people who had severe symptoms for 14 days and decided that was the HC group.  They took people who had only mild symptoms and decided that was the control group.  The medical professionals who looked at the study called it preselecting the groups to give a preselected outcome.  

A real study would have, on both sides, an equal number of people with mild, moderate, and severe symptoms.  As well as equal numbers of other comorbidity factors: high blood pressure, diabetes, obesity, etc...

Are you following so far?  

The link you posted from New York was similar to the VA study.  Only people with severe symptoms were given HC.  It is not really a study because there was again not an equal study pool of mild, moderate, and severe symptoms on both sides of the study group.  Nor was it actually a study at all, it was just a collection of data gathered from New York.

Does that make sense?

It is dangerous for you to post debunked studies and call them fact.  Other real studies have shown a 98% percent success rate.  Someone who is sick with Coronavirus might read the fake info that you and others are posting, not take life saving medication, and might die because of it.  -- That is something I have a problem with.

I never asked for your opinion to start with.  If I want medical advise, there are plenty of doctors treating the virus with HC and having great success.  

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top