Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/18/2020 3:15:02 PM EDT
I have a Marlin 39 that needs repair. It has spent 18 months between two local gunsmiths. Can anyone recommend a gunsmith that they have had personal experience with that is not only a top-notch gunsmith but also has good communications skills?
Link Posted: 12/18/2020 7:41:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Bobs Gun Shop in Norfolk has a gunsmith. I know that’s not where you want to go but it’s an option. I had them repair a rifle for me once and they got it taken care of in a timely manner.

Update: I inquired with Bob’s about fixing a lever gun I need repaired. They aren’t even accepting anything for their gunsmith right now. They must be jammed
Link Posted: 12/19/2020 4:11:00 PM EDT
[#2]
I don't have  a contact number but have heard Sodan Armament (?) does great work,
he used to be in New Kent, not sure if he still is,

I've seen his work on a  high power, and he did good,

google says he is now in Toano,

https://www.facebook.com/sodanarmament/
Link Posted: 1/4/2021 11:03:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Larry Mizzell
FFL & Gunsmith - Larry's Gun Repair
Licensee Name: Mizzell, Larry Wayne
17308 Hamilton Arms Rd
Dewitt, VA 23840
Phone: 804-469-5979
[email protected]

Excellent reputation around here (Central Virginia).
Last time I spoke with him, about 2 months ago, he said he was 12 weeks out. YIKES!
Link Posted: 1/7/2021 4:46:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Late to the party here, but I will second Sodan Armament.  He moved into the Toano general Store on Rt 60.

While I didn't have any repair work done, I did have him go through an old (pre-64) Win 94 that I picked up.  I wanted to make sure it was sound.  I thought he did a very nice job with it - pretty quick too.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top