Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/6/2018 7:11:27 PM EDT
Can anyone recommend someone who can do firearm welding repair around Tampa?  I need a competent TIG welder more than a gunsmith, but the individual must be OK working on machineguns.

The job is to build up some material that I can file to shape.  No special gun skills required.
Link Posted: 7/8/2018 7:48:43 AM EDT
[#1]
Where in the tampa bay area ?  theres a few SOTs  in the area
Link Posted: 7/8/2018 8:21:36 AM EDT
[#2]
I live near Odessa in Pasco county.
Link Posted: 7/8/2018 1:26:38 PM EDT
[#3]
There are quite a few SOT's around, but most are "assemblers"...not really gunsmiths....

Mark Serbu is in Town and Country....on Johns road....and a world class TIG welder......might want to give him a call...

What are you trying to do ?......I know some outstanding welders who have no aversion to working with firearms components....
Link Posted: 7/8/2018 2:47:29 PM EDT
[#4]
I have a Russian Maxim gun with some minor remaining issues.  Between the build itself and a wide variation in Russian spare parts, fitment is not what it should be.  A few parts (not the receiver) need to be built up in areas so that I can fit them better (feedblocks and recoil plates).  One of these parts is aluminum.  There are also a few cosmetic issues on the receiver that could use some weld fill.

It's not difficult work, but does involve work on hard to replace parts.  An FFL will be required for the receiver unless done while I wait, or perhaps that can be done by the final refinisher.
Link Posted: 7/9/2018 1:15:27 AM EDT
[#5]
Might want to try Jared Lewman.....SOT in Lakeland

http://lewmanarmsmanufacturing.com/
Link Posted: 7/10/2018 7:03:02 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks, I'll give them a call.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top