Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/25/2021 2:17:25 AM EDT
I need a recommendation for a gunsmith in Maricopa County. Specifically, I need a smith with a good knowledge of Smith & Wesson 3rd generation pistols.

I have a S&W 4506-1 that has a problem. I’m not sure what the problem is. I bought it secondhand and put a few hundred rounds through it without issue. Took it out with a group of friends and some jackass (he has been lectured since then) loaded some .40 rounds into the mag before shooting it.

I cleared the failure to extract that resulted and the pistol functioned without issue for about another 100 rounds.

Following this incident, I disassembled the pistol for routine cleaning. It will now not reassemble. I am very familiar with the reassembly process, I have done it many times and am familiar with its quirks. This is a mechanical issue. The slide will not fully mate to the frame. Right around the point where you hold down the annoying little levers, it catches on something when it should slide on. My guess is that a couple small plastic pieces in the slide were damaged during the firing of the wrong cartridge.

TL:DR: Anyone know a S&W 3rd Gen gunsmith in Maricopa County?
Link Posted: 9/25/2021 9:39:06 AM EDT
[#1]
I have prior certs for SW Series 59 so might be able to help. I'm in Goodyear. PM me.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top