Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/5/2018 6:12:11 PM EDT
I'll try to cut to the chase.

Sold home in July. Closed early for new buyers and had to do an amendment to get the attic fan fixed by 8/01. After numerous setbacks and rescheduling due to the buyers schedule the Electritian was able to install the fan on 7/29. All good except the buyers are stating that the louvers aren't working properly (3 of them close to about 1" from the bottom). They want that fixed as well. After finally asking about the $5,000 held in escrow the real estate agents sent an unbiased electrician out to the house and he even judged that the louvers don't effect the operation of the attic fan. Fast forward to last Friday I get an email from the law firm that is holding our money in escrow saying that because the work wasn't completed by 8/01 they are releasing the 5k to the buyers even though we have proof that it was. Buyers are not willing to negotiate.

Anyone have a recommendation for lawyer? Thanks
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 3:40:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Andrew Hartman
Hartman Imbriale Attorneys
678-445-7423

My wife’s cousin , Donna Brady, is a long time realtor in Cobb and recommended him.  He’s based out of Woodstock but works Marietta often.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top