Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/14/2018 5:05:47 PM EDT
Anyone know where to find rechargeables 123s nearby? I would prefer to purchase Surefire Kit if possible but they won't let me order from them. Apparently the world has gone completely wacko on shipping lithium batteries up here.
Link Posted: 12/15/2018 3:06:18 AM EDT
[#1]
Maybe EDC Alaska or Batteries Plus?
Link Posted: 12/15/2018 8:57:42 AM EDT
[#2]
Northern Security may have them, or be able to order them being a dealer.
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 3:46:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Batteries plus has rechargeable and streamlights, but it does not look like they have rechargeable streamlights.  order them online and pick up in store for 10% off.

Since VERY few people will ship ANY batteries to Alaska anymore (especially Amazon) and as there is now a requirement that all batteries go "ground", ebay is the only place I've been able to buy batteries and have them mailed to me.  And that's just capitalizing on people that don't know better or are willing to take the risk.

Lately, I'm getting everything thru batteries plus and with the discount they are almost reasonably priced.

Right now I'm struggling to find a source for 1/3N batteries for my laser/light.
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 3:12:48 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Batteries plus has rechargeable and streamlights, but it does not look like they have rechargeable streamlights.  order them online and pick up in store for 10% off.

Since VERY few people will ship ANY batteries to Alaska anymore (especially Amazon) and as there is now a requirement that all batteries go "ground", ebay is the only place I've been able to buy batteries and have them mailed to me.  And that's just capitalizing on people that don't know better or are willing to take the risk.

Lately, I'm getting everything thru batteries plus and with the discount they are almost reasonably priced.

Right now I'm struggling to find a source for 1/3N batteries for my laser/light.
View Quote
I was thinking about having something shipped to my grandmother in Tennessee than asking her to ship it to me. If someone were to be caught doing that they wouldn't be facing criminal charges would they?

I've been wanting to purchase a red dot for my AR and while wanting an Aimpoint it looks like I'd have to spend the $450 give or take used on the EE for a T1 just so I don't have to try to source the 1/3Ns
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 6:46:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Not a lawyer, by any stretch of the imagination.

I even still think people should be "presumed innocent until proven guilty".

I think if anyone was ever charged it would start a conversation on why a 1/3N battery is considered hazmat.
Link Posted: 12/22/2018 5:25:04 AM EDT
[#6]
I want to say Walmart or Fred Meyer had 1/3N alkaleeks, but don’t know if they have lithium.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top