Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/29/2021 9:44:51 PM EDT
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 1:46:33 AM EDT
[#1]
I never voted to get him in.  Surely, I will vote to get him out.  Getting him out is only the first half of the puzzle.

The only questions that remain are who will replace him and will they be as bad or worse?  

The replacement is chosen by the largest number of votes, not by majority.  In this State, that could be bad!!!
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 7:04:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/31/2021 8:55:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What the Republicans need to do is pull their collective heads out of their asses. Run the person with the best chance of winning against Newscum.

I doubt that any of them are willing to work together to remove him from office, I'm sure their egos will get in the way.
View Quote

I agree.  

We can win this if the republicans back 1 person.
Link Posted: 7/31/2021 12:50:46 PM EDT
[#4]
The only recall ads I've seen are on TV, they are strongly discouraging the recall, blaming the "Trump" republicans for the recall and saying they are senselessly costing the state large amounts of money over a senseless recall.

Fuck you Newscum!
Link Posted: 8/1/2021 5:28:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I agree.  

View Quote

It should be Elder, and he is the most viable, but I've heard that the CA GOP establishment favors Faulconer.

Faulconer is basically a Democrat with an R next to his name instead.  Most of his positions are in line with those of the Democrats.  

Supposedly the CA GOP will pick someone to endorse three days after the upcoming debate, which it sounds like Elder might not attend due to prior commitments.
Link Posted: 8/1/2021 1:55:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/1/2021 5:12:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

It should be Elder, and he is the most viable, but I've heard that the CA GOP establishment favors Faulconer.

Faulconer is basically a Democrat with an R next to his name instead.  Most of his positions are in line with those of the Democrats.  

Supposedly the CA GOP will pick someone to endorse three days after the upcoming debate, which it sounds like Elder might not attend due to prior commitments.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree.  

Really ?   I heard he was a solid conservative.
Link Posted: 8/1/2021 11:37:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree.  

Faulconer?  You're joking.  He's known specifically for not being a conservative, and some tout him and those like him as the future of the CA GOP.

He supports all existing CA gun control, although he thinks it doesn't need to be expanded much more.  He is on the Left on pretty much every single social issue (abortion, gays, trannies, the role of traditional morality in society, etc.).  He supports a provider state and the redistribution of wealth entailed, just a more fiscally responsible one.  He is for a lot of the COVID mandate nonsense.  His is somewhat on the Right when it comes to his views on taxation and spending, and some of his Leftist views don't go as far as the most progressive elements of the Democratic Party.  That's about as "conservative" as he gets.  

He truly sucks, but he has some ability to appeal to Democrats because he's basically on the Left, which is also likely why he gets four times more Democratic support in recall polling than any other Republican candidate (albeit not much overall).  I think this is part of why the GOP establishment likes him (the establishment is also a sad shadow of itself and likely composed of many birds of a feather vis a vis Faulconer).  

Honestly, the base will actually be important in the second part of the election, so Faulconer is a poor fit; Elder is a much better one, plus he has a better fundraising and media infrastructure.  Democrats may well end up proving of little relevance to the outcome of the race for a replacement should Newsom be recalled.
Link Posted: 8/7/2021 1:58:39 AM EDT
[#9]
I friggin' love the new newsome TV commercial featuring Fauxcahontas.  What a vile, repellent sleazy sack of shit.  Does she have some secret appeal to liberals that I just can't grasp?  
Link Posted: 8/10/2021 5:34:11 PM EDT
[#10]
The ad says 100s of millions to remove Newsom, paid for by oil companies, GOP and Trump supporters.  Missing the white supremist stick, but then Larry Elder is running
Link Posted: 8/10/2021 9:20:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top