Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/30/2021 7:45:32 PM EDT
I've never shot using a rear bag.  The only front bag I've ever used is a Caldwell Deadshot so this is a subject I know very little about.  

I've seen a lot of shooters using front and rear bags so I'm thinking about a rear bag to pair up with my Deadshot front bag.  What would you guys recommend for a budget rear bag?  I know you can fill socks and what not but if I get one I want something a little better than what I could do at home.  Also, if it's legal for shooting the MOA challenge that's a plus (hopefully I'll make it next year).
Link Posted: 11/30/2021 8:36:00 PM EDT
[#1]
You can buy some inexpensive rear bags off Midway.

Armageddon Gear Game Changer is a very popular PRS rear/barricade bag. They make a full size, medium ("schmedium") and small (pint sized). A pint sized Game Changer might be a good all around bag.

Not sure on MOA Challenge requirements
Link Posted: 11/30/2021 8:46:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/30/2021 9:45:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
MOA requires a squeeze style bag, meaning you have to maintain pressure on the bag to keep the rifle steady. No V bags. There are a ton of companies who make bags but a lot of us use dried corn or airsoft BBs in a tube sock at MOA. No kidding.
View Quote

Hmm...so maybe a real bag for range use and a squeezie sock bag for MOA use.
Link Posted: 11/30/2021 9:49:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 11/30/2021 10:03:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Hmm...so maybe a real bag for range use and a squeezie sock bag for MOA use.
View Quote

Just get squeeze. N use it all times.
Link Posted: 11/30/2021 10:41:55 PM EDT
[#6]
I've always used the suede bags with sand. The Caldwell bags work fine too. If you're bench shooting for accuracy you really should have one.
Link Posted: 11/30/2021 10:47:21 PM EDT
[#7]
I used a GI sock with popcorn for years, did the my first MoA challenge with it, it still rides around in the range bag.
Link Posted: 12/1/2021 12:21:30 AM EDT
[#8]
Midway USA has an assortment of decent branded rear squeeze bags, as well as others brands. Crosstac, Cole Tac, Armageddon Gear, Wiebad and Triad Tactical offer some bags that meet the moa requirements.

If you want to shoot at MOA and do well, you would be well served to practice with the bag you’ll use. I love my Armageddon schmedium game changer, but it’s much easier to shoot with than MOA approved bags. I honestly feel that’s what hurts most ppl at the event. They practice using the “easy bags”, but then struggle when using bags that meet the requirement.

Link Posted: 12/1/2021 3:53:18 PM EDT
[#9]
And if bags aren’t your thing, get creative!

The DECA-Pod!

Link Posted: 12/1/2021 6:07:40 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

The DECA-Pod!

https://i.imgur.com/UD3ijrn.jpg
View Quote

Looks really stable but it has too many legs, gives me the heebie jeebies lol.
Link Posted: 12/1/2021 6:09:36 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Midway USA has an assortment of decent branded rear squeeze bags, as well as others brands. Crosstac, Cole Tac, Armageddon Gear, Wiebad and Triad Tactical offer some bags that meet the moa requirements.

If you want to shoot at MOA and do well, you would be well served to practice with the bag you’ll use. I love my Armageddon schmedium game changer, but it’s much easier to shoot with than MOA approved bags. I honestly feel that’s what hurts most ppl at the event. They practice using the “easy bags”, but then struggle when using bags that meet the requirement.

View Quote

Hmm...this sounds like wisdom to me.  I need to start looking around for something that will fill the bill.
Link Posted: 12/1/2021 6:52:03 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

The DECA-Pod!

https://i.imgur.com/UD3ijrn.jpg
View Quote

Harris and Atlas? Isn’t that like dividing by zero?
Link Posted: 12/1/2021 7:21:28 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Harris and Atlas? Isn’t that like dividing by zero?
View Quote

The two Thunderbeasts were in the numerator, so I think it ends on a positive.

Not really sure…fractions and what not.
Link Posted: 12/1/2021 7:27:23 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

The two Thunderbeasts were in the numerator, so I think it ends on a positive.

Not really sure…fractions and what not.
View Quote

Yeah, and guarantee one is metric to boot
Link Posted: 12/1/2021 7:53:02 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 12/1/2021 11:00:38 PM EDT
[#16]
This is my adult woobie. If I have a gun, I have this rear bag with me. Its not heavy / cheating enough for PRS and its too big for MOA. Everywhere else it reigns supreme...

https://triadtactical.com/str8laced-gun-gear-rear-bag/
Link Posted: 12/1/2021 11:14:50 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

I second Armageddon stuff. They make some really nice n durable bags. They make light, med, heavy bags. Plus they are local, Buena Vista. N they have supported some matches. I suggest a rear squeeze. But I seen alot of stuff used in comps for rear support. But a squeeze seems to be most versatile.
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 12:42:27 AM EDT
[#18]
I use a crown royal bag full of air soft bb's
Link Posted: 2/11/2022 5:35:25 PM EDT
[#19]
Anyone have experience with the Armageddon Gear "Squishy Bag"?  

Looks like a good bag, should be MOA Challenge legal AND it's a GA based business so I'm not finding any negatives.  Maybe a little pricy for a bag full of squishies but it is what it is on that front.
Link Posted: 2/11/2022 8:58:18 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
This is my adult woobie. If I have a gun, I have this rear bag with me. Its not heavy / cheating enough for PRS and its too big for MOA. Everywhere else it reigns supreme...

https://triadtactical.com/str8laced-gun-gear-rear-bag/
View Quote

I use that bag hunting - use the light fill version. Shot a mule deer last October in Wyoming off a boulder - could have been a PRS stage.
Link Posted: 2/11/2022 9:00:56 PM EDT
[#21]
I like the Armageddon Gear bags. Started with a Pint sized game changer, been trying Justin's full size game changer. Just got a Schmedium 1+1 for main PRS bag - I always carry the Pint Sized game changer too for those tricky tiny shooting ports those sneaky match directors like to throw at you!
Link Posted: 2/12/2022 10:37:36 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Anyone have experience with the Armageddon Gear "Squishy Bag"?  

Looks like a good bag, should be MOA Challenge legal AND it's a GA based business so I'm not finding any negatives.  Maybe a little pricy for a bag full of squishies but it is what it is on that front.
View Quote

The squishy is made out of a stretchy silk like material, as long as you’re not on something slick (sheet metal ish stuff) it’s fine.
Link Posted: 2/12/2022 10:38:34 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I like the Armageddon Gear bags. Started with a Pint sized game changer, been trying Justin's full size game changer. Just got a Schmedium 1+1 for main PRS bag - I always carry the Pint Sized game changer too for those tricky tiny shooting ports those sneaky match directors like to throw at you!
View Quote

Take a look at the beaver tail for those tiny spots. Works well.
Link Posted: 2/12/2022 6:20:29 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

The squishy is made out of a stretchy silk like material, as long as you’re not on something slick (sheet metal ish stuff) it’s fine.
View Quote

Thanks, I don't see the slick thing being an issue.  

If you guys were going to buy a squeeze bag, which would you buy?  Having never used a rear bag at all or shot any kind of competition I'm going at this with only what I'm learning from you guys.
Link Posted: 2/12/2022 9:40:50 PM EDT
[#26]
Armageddon gear.
Link Posted: 2/13/2022 4:39:01 PM EDT
[#27]
Looks like the Armageddon Gear "Squishy" is the winner.  Seems to be very popular among shooters, is a GA business and doubles as one those squeezie frustration widgets for when I inevitably shoot terrible groups.
Link Posted: 2/13/2022 6:28:09 PM EDT
[#28]
The triad wedge is a great bag for AR’s and bolt guns. It’s my preferred bag for shooting groups that meets MOA requirements.
Link Posted: 2/13/2022 7:52:17 PM EDT
[#29]
Now you've made me question my choice dang it.  You're one of the big cheesies in shooting around here so I gotta throw this bag into the arena.
Link Posted: 2/13/2022 9:02:34 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Now you've made me question my choice dang it.  You're one of the big cheesies in shooting around here so I gotta throw this bag into the arena.
View Quote

Armageddon gear makes some great stuff, I’ve literally got 4-500$ worth of their bags (3x gamechangers, X-wing, 3+ fatbags), maybe some others that I’m forgetting. The squishy bag is probably great, and I know it’ll last a long time, I’ve just found the Triad wedge to be great for the cost. It just seems to work better than most for AR’s, and most any bag can work with a bolt gun. I keep one in a range bag and 1 in the trunk of my car at all times.
Link Posted: 2/13/2022 10:36:29 PM EDT
[#31]
So would you recommend the standard size or the large?
Link Posted: 2/13/2022 11:45:20 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
So would you recommend the standard size or the large?
View Quote

Std.

The large doesn’t meet the requirements, but some ppl use them.
Link Posted: 2/14/2022 2:30:26 AM EDT
[#33]
Thanks, it's between those two now.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top