Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/12/2020 4:26:20 PM EDT
I need someone who actually knows what they're doing.

Can you recommend someone?
Link Posted: 1/12/2020 8:11:59 PM EDT
[#1]
I've used Triangle Shooting Academy's gunsmith that has a business inside their business. I really wanted to give a good review because they're really good guys over there. Don't go there. It'll take forever and there'll probably be something wrong with it. A good amount of money and mangled firearms has solidified my negative view of them now. All that said, Clayton Guns (a bit of a drive) can do laser engraving, and has now done multiple complicated gunsmithing tasks for me (custom SBR/SBS and conversion of auto trigger groups to semi-auto) and it's always come out great. Their turn around is way shorter than Triangle as well.

https://www.claytonguns.com/gunsmithmachine-services.html
Link Posted: 1/13/2020 9:12:19 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks Sir.
Link Posted: 2/21/2020 12:32:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks Sir.
View Quote
@Jack19

Contact Dan Hopping...he's in North Raleigh.  I've known Dan for many, many years and there is nobody and I mean nobody more knowledgeable about firearms...he's been a "Smithy" since 1965.  In fact I'm heading up to his place  this afternoon to pickup a couple of 1911s he installed night sights.
Link Posted: 4/23/2020 7:58:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Can you give me Dan's contact info.  The link didn't work.

Thanks
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top