Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/30/2021 10:06:16 PM EDT
How would you rate Ray and Lafayette Counties in livability? Any cities/areas in those counties you would avoid?
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 10:15:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
How would you rate Ray and Lafayette Counties in livability? Any cities/areas in those counties you would avoid?
View Quote

Pretty fair. There are a lot of times that I’d like to move out that way. Not a ton of really good job prospects unless you’re willing to drive to the city. Watch out for low lying areas. A lot of places you wouldn’t think will flood will flood every 5-8 years.
Link Posted: 7/1/2021 10:29:07 AM EDT
[#2]
I'd imagine areas on I-70 might attract an element you'd want to avoid.  Other than that you're just out in Missouri agriculture communities.  Finding a place outside of town I think the most desirable situation.  My town, like most I'd say, has people that wander the streets on foot or bicycle.  Doesn't really matter in what neighborhood you live, in a small town they can be on your street checking things over.
Link Posted: 7/1/2021 8:32:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'd imagine areas on I-70 might attract an element you'd want to avoid.  Other than that you're just out in Missouri agriculture communities.  Finding a place outside of town I think the most desirable situation.  My town, like most I'd say, has people that wander the streets on foot or bicycle.  Doesn't really matter in what neighborhood you live, in a small town they can be on your street checking things over.
View Quote

Outside of town is what I was thinking and to stay away from being in a flood plain.
Link Posted: 7/2/2021 5:02:07 PM EDT
[#4]
I live on the western side of Ray County. I like it. I'm sort of in the country but also a quick drive to the city. Taxes are relatively cheap.

There's not a slew of oppressive laws/regulations.... which is cool when you want to do some dumb shit.... but sucks when some retarded redneck down the road wants to do some dumb shit (like parking a bunch of junk cars in his yard).
Link Posted: 7/3/2021 10:42:05 AM EDT
[#5]
They aren't junk, he's gonna restore them some day.

It's not a terrible area all in all.  But as said before be very vigilant about flood plains since there are a lot of them out that way.
Link Posted: 7/25/2021 1:51:29 AM EDT
[#6]
I live in Ray county, in Richmond, I like it here.  Decent new Sheriff, know the mayor ( he's an FFL), places to shop for basics.  Crime is low.  OP, any questions, feel free to ask.
Link Posted: 7/25/2021 2:44:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

If you are doing this, you need to be:

1. not over 21 years old
2. not tattooed in prison-blue ink
3. not bearded and scruffy looking
4. not chain-smoking "whatever"
5. not brown-bagging "whatever" you're drinking
6. not in a residential neighborhood with no businesses anywhere nearby

If any or multiples of the above apply and you are on a BMX style bike, I'm going to give you the glare. I don't care if it makes you feel unwanted or persecuted.   It's supposed to make you feel unwanted because you are unwanted.  Go somewhere else to loiter. Go to the unemployment office. Go to McDonald's.  Go anywhere but my driveway.

Ban Narcan!
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 12:34:07 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I live in Ray county, in Richmond, I like it here.  Decent new Sheriff, know the mayor ( he's an FFL), places to shop for basics.  Crime is low.  OP, any questions, feel free to ask.
View Quote

I appreciate that. As soon as my sale closes I have my sights set on Ray, Caldwell or Lafayette County.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top