Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/23/2020 10:10:53 AM EDT
Hi all,

I'm Long time lurker who's decided to get more involved here. I'm a long time member on AKfiles and GunBoards (same user name) and also on Bushcraft USA (user BlackHillz). I live just outside of Rapid on 10 acres with my wife and our critters. I spend my free time roaming the Black Hills hunting, hiking, and exploring abandoned mines. I was curious how many people here lived in the area. I've been following the VBB thread and was also curious if anyone here was interested in getting together and starting our own BB group.
Jonathan
Link Posted: 1/24/2020 4:50:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Hi all,

I'm Long time lurker who's decided to get more involved here. I'm a long time member on AKfiles and GunBoards (same user name) and also on Bushcraft USA (user BlackHillz). I live just outside of Rapid on 10 acres with my wife and our critters. I spend my free time roaming the Black Hills hunting, hiking, and exploring abandoned mines. I was curious how many people here lived in the area. I've been following the VBB thread and was also curious if anyone here was interested in getting together and starting our own BB group.
Jonathan
View Quote
Welcome to the best firearms forum on the web! :-D

I am about 2 Hours from Rapid City.. but in So. Dak. that is "in the area" I guess!
Link Posted: 1/25/2020 2:04:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Close enough lol I figured there would be more people In the Black Hills area
Link Posted: 1/25/2020 7:29:47 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm nearish.  Being an hour or so west in the Philip area.  I  just moved out here in August.  So far loving it out here.  Lots of land to explore and I have had an awesome time hiking and stalking dogs on the grass lands.

As for traffic the home town forums really dont see much.  I know we have other members that live around the Hills.

I would also be interested in a SoDakBB group.  I got a couple of pms after I made a comment on the VBB Rally AAR thread about looking for a group so I believe we could easily get something going.
Link Posted: 1/25/2020 8:18:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm nearish.  Being an hour or so west in the Philip area.  I  just moved out here in August.  So far loving it out here.  Lots of land to explore and I have had an awesome time hiking and stalking dogs on the grass lands.

As for traffic the home town forums really dont see much.  I know we have other members that live around the Hills.

I would also be interested in a SoDakBB group.  I got a couple of pms after I made a comment on the VBB Rally AAR thread about looking for a group so I believe we could easily get something going.
View Quote
Cool, I used to hunt deer and yotes just east of Phillip growing up on a family friends ranch.

Good to know you got some interest from your post, it's actually what made me post here. I wonder if we made a post in GD if we can get the ball rolling on a SoDakBB group.
Link Posted: 1/25/2020 9:44:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote
I transfer all my guns through an FFL in Philip.

I live in Rapid. I own a couple of sections north of town as well. Welcome to all the newcomers.

There are quite a few Rapid people on the board. They will mosey in here eventually.

ETA: What's a SoDakBB?
Link Posted: 1/25/2020 10:36:00 PM EDT
[#6]
The SoDakBB would be setting up a group of like minded people to get together and train with, help each other get into shape etc.

There's a few threads in GD, with some info

https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/American-Battle-Buddies-American-Pioneer-Corps-Guidelines/5-2291145/
https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/A-Call-to-all-American-Battle-Buddies-ABB-Updated-Challenge-in-OP-/5-2271929/
Link Posted: 1/31/2020 1:19:57 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm in Rapid. Enjoy hiking, but not sure I am interested in BB-level stuff. Might be convinced over beers.
Link Posted: 2/16/2020 9:35:47 AM EDT
[#8]
I live on the east side but travel to the west side quite a bit. I'd make trips to attend.
Link Posted: 2/16/2020 9:28:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I'm in Rapid. Enjoy hiking, but not sure I am interested in BB-level stuff. Might be convinced over beers.
View Quote
Quoted:
I live on the east side but travel to the west side quite a bit. I'd make trips to attend.
View Quote
Right on, maybe this spring/summer when the weather is nice we could have a get together
Link Posted: 2/24/2020 8:43:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Right on, maybe this spring/summer when the weather is nice we could have a get together
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/14/2020 9:53:54 PM EDT
[#11]
I live in Rapid Valley, I'd be interested in a get together
Link Posted: 3/15/2020 2:18:03 PM EDT
[#12]
Cool, I think this spring we will have to arrange a meet and greet
Link Posted: 4/13/2020 7:49:58 PM EDT
[#13]
I’m by Rockerville and would be interested
Link Posted: 4/14/2020 8:09:54 PM EDT
[#14]
Awesome! I'm looking forward to meeting some of y'all once mother nature isn't so bipolar
Link Posted: 4/14/2020 10:00:45 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Awesome! I'm looking forward to meeting some of y'all once mother nature isn't so bipolar
View Quote

And the virus is subsided I hope.
Link Posted: 4/16/2020 2:16:33 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

I’d be game once shit gets semi-back to normal for sure!
Link Posted: 5/16/2020 11:30:27 PM EDT
[#17]
Bump...

Box Elder here.  And I’d go shooting with you guys.
Link Posted: 5/17/2020 9:35:39 AM EDT
[#18]
Cool, I was thinking of maybe trying to set something up for the mid/end of next month if that works for people? If we plan on doing a shoot I was messaged by another member who said he would bring some FA toys out. I'm not sure where we would set up a shoot, baretta road maybe? Unless someone has some land.
Link Posted: 9/12/2020 9:30:40 PM EDT
[#19]
Anything end up happening? Time to grab a beer?
Link Posted: 9/14/2020 9:48:08 AM EDT
[#20]
I've been busy with work and haven't had time to plan anything other than a buddies bachelor party lol
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top