Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/9/2021 11:22:31 AM EDT
I'm coming into town on business for two weeks. What indoor ranges or skeet/sporting clays ranges would you recommend around Oklahoma City? I may bring a Glock with me, but are there any Sporting Clays/Skeet ranges near OKC that allow rentals?

Good restaurants to try would be helpful as well. I'll be around the downtown area.

Thanks
Link Posted: 12/9/2021 1:21:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I'm coming into town on business for two weeks. What indoor ranges or skeet/sporting clays ranges would you recommend around Oklahoma City? I may bring a Glock with me, but are there any Sporting Clays/Skeet ranges near OKC that allow rentals?

Good restaurants to try would be helpful as well. I'll be around the downtown area.

Thanks
View Quote
@themao
Are you staying near the airport?if so there is Big Boys indoor range near there.I checked it out last time I visited
my daughter,it seemed pretty nice and prices weren't to bad.
https://bigboysgunsandammo.com/
Link Posted: 12/9/2021 6:37:58 PM EDT
[#2]
I am staying closer to downtown, but I am not that far from the airport. Thank you for the referral.
Link Posted: 12/13/2021 1:14:17 AM EDT
[#3]
Are you needing to rent a shotgun? If so, Clay Birds out towards Shawnee rents shotguns. It's only about a 30 minute drive from the downtown area. If you don't need to rent, Silverleaf would be my recommendation.

Wilshire Gun, H&H, and Big Boys all have rentals and are indoor. Wilshire being the nicest and priciest.
Link Posted: 12/16/2021 1:30:09 AM EDT
[#4]
Wilshire is definitely the nicest range in town with multiple rentals including full auto.  There’s a short pistol range as well as a 35 yard and 100 yard indoor range.  The food at the cafe is pretty good and they also serve alcohol if you want to get a drink after you shoot.  

As far as restaurants, you can do the Oklahoma specific restaurants such as Cattleman’s Steakhouse in the Stockyards or Micky Mantels in Bricktown.  Cattleman’s doesn’t have the best steak in town but it’s something different and well known throughout the region if not the country.  For a touristy type place, Toby Keith’s in Bricktown is fun.  Del Rancho is a Oklahoma fast food type favorite known for their Steak Sandwiches (chicken fried steak), they’re mostly drive in type places but some do have a sit down area. They’re very informal but good food.  Vast is pretty formal and located at the top of the Devon Tower downtown, it’s overpriced but the views are amazing.  For pizza, you can’t beat Hideaway Pizza.  

Those are just the restaurants that come to mind.  What type of food were you wanting?
Link Posted: 12/18/2021 10:10:18 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks. I liked Wilshire (I went there earlier this week because they were open late).

I like steak, Italian, Mediterranean and Indian food.

It’s too cold today for clay birds lol. May try tomorrow.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 12/19/2021 12:57:21 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks. I liked Wilshire (I went there earlier this week because they were open late).

I like steak, Italian, Mediterranean and Indian food.

It’s too cold today for clay birds lol. May try tomorrow.

Thanks!
View Quote

Unfortunately, I can’t help you with those other options since we don’t eat those very often.  However, you should definitely get some BBQ while you’re out here.  My local favorite is Texlahoma in Edmond.  Bad Brads in Yukon is pretty good as well.

https://www.texlahomabbq.com
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top