Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Posted: 6/18/2022 4:46:54 PM EDT
I recently moved to Plain City and am looking for an outdoor place to shoot, primarily rifle. I've been a member at Briar Rabbit in Zanesville for almost 20 years but that's now too far a drive. I tried EGA Defense, great group of guys but their rifle range is restricted to really odd shooting angles.
Any suggestions would be appreciated!
Link Posted: 6/18/2022 7:03:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Richwood Gun and Game Club has a 400 yd rifle range, as well as a 100 yd rifle range, and several pistol bays.  You have to be an NRA member to join.

There’s been some trouble there with members and/or guests doing stupid things, like shooting up the walls or blue barrels, so now everyone has to go through a class on what to do and not do.  If you get caught doing something completely stupid like that membership will be revoked with no refund. I guess that’s what you have to do to get people to pay attention.

You have to be qualified specifically for the 400 range to shoot there when shooting outside a match.  Not a big deal, just get it done.

It’s a very well run club, I drive nearly an hour from Westerville to shoot there. It’ll be a closer to you in Plain City.  I’m mostly a pistol shooter and shoot IDPA matches there.

All matches are posted on Practiscore.com. You can participate in matches without being a member.
Link Posted: 6/19/2022 11:05:54 PM EDT
[#2]
On Guard Defense is about 90 minutes from you. While that isn’t close by any means, if you’re looking to do some movement, draw work, transition drills, or anything else within a 65yd range it’s worth the drive.

Our website
Link Posted: 6/20/2022 8:11:52 AM EDT
[#3]
@BigBurkeyBoy  Richwood is pretty nice. I've done classes & matches there.  I know a number of members who are happy.  But like @spmx7777 said it sounds like remedial training has to be done occasionally because people can't follow the rules.   Also, from what I'm told the 400 yd target qual is pretty easy.   One of these days I'll get my crap together & join.

I'll be at the IDPA match sat morning if you go, its got 20ish spots open still, register via practiscore.  PM me if you go.
Link Posted: 6/24/2022 11:13:28 AM EDT
[#4]
Richwood gun and game club is probably your best bet. Been a member there since 2009. The club is well run and over all a nice and safe place to shoot.

www.richwoodgunandgameclub.org

Link Posted: 6/26/2022 5:05:12 PM EDT
[#5]
nvm
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 10:26:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Logan County Fish and Game

Membership is inexpensive, you will have to take a safety class before you buy, and the membership is for the calendar year and it will expire 12/31/22.  The rifle/pistol ranges are closed for events from time to time so pay attention to the calendar if you are planning a trip.  Great range as long as you don't cause trouble, are safe, and follow the guidelines.  Add them on Facebook for event info and class times/dates.
Link Posted: 7/1/2022 5:06:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Maybe you can seek Rogueboss too
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top