Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Iowa
Site Notices
Posted: 12/15/2017 1:25:50 PM EDT
Seven full autos,  2 semi auto rifles and 9 pistols stolen.

http://www.kcci.com/article/police-9-handguns-7-fully-automatic-weapons-stolen-from-gun-store/14441960
Link Posted: 12/15/2017 1:28:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Thats not good, I just saw that. Don't we have a member that works there?
Link Posted: 12/15/2017 8:33:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Not good... Sounds by the report they went directly after items.
If so they have likely been in there recently checking things out.
Hopefully they have a lot of stored video footage.
Maybe the fucking thiefs are on previous video checking things out.
Link Posted: 12/15/2017 9:05:16 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a question. I used to live around Des Moines, but I left before this place opened. I've been back to IA, but never been to Rangemasters.

Do they literally just leave their select-fire rental guns hanging in the open on the wall? I just figured, even if everything else was left out. That certain, more valuable or regulated items would be put away. Granted, like I said, I've never been there. So I have no idea what their security is like.

I'm just curious. I know (as I've been to enough gun stores and have worked in one before). Different places to things differently.

Either way not good. And it does seem like they probably cased the place before.
Link Posted: 12/15/2017 9:39:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have a question. I used to live around Des Moines, but I left before this place opened. I've been back to IA, but never been to Rangemasters.

Do they literally just leave their select-fire rental guns hanging in the open on the wall? I just figured, even if everything else was left out. That certain, more valuable or regulated items would be put away. Granted, like I said, I've never been there. So I have no idea what their security is like.

I'm just curious. I know (as I've been to enough gun stores and have worked in one before). Different places to things differently.

Either way not good. And it does seem like they probably cased the place before.
View Quote
I agree.. I am sorry if this comes across wrong and don't want to bash the owners,
But you would think in today's real world with all the smash and grabs you see on TV where fuckheads are driving
trucks through store fronts you would think to lock certain things up. Same as the other poster, I have not been there and don't know what
their security measures are like so I could be wrong, but to leave firearms like that just hanging on the wall if that's the case seems irresponsible.
Link Posted: 12/15/2017 9:44:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I agree.. I am sorry if this comes across wrong and don't want to bash the owners,
But you would think in today's real world with all the smash and grabs you see on TV where fuckheads are driving
trucks through store fronts you would think to lock certain things up. Same as OP I have not been there and don't know what
their security measures are like so I could be wrong, but to leave firearms like that just hanging on the wall if that's the case seems irresponsible.
View Quote
That's just what I was driving at. For example, the place I work at from time to time isn't in a bad area, but it's not the nicest area. It's not realistic for the business/buidling to lockup every single gun, at least not right now. But every night, every single handgun and most rifles are locked up in large, heavy duty safes. Only things not locked up are some of the primitive stuff, like a few muzzleloaders and some older bolt actions.
Link Posted: 12/16/2017 12:14:35 AM EDT
[#6]
I just now saw it on the news. The crooks knew exactly what they were after.

I know a guy that works there. I'd be interested in what his thoughts are but I won't ask him.
Link Posted: 12/16/2017 3:34:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote
@bhouse1545
Link Posted: 12/16/2017 4:44:48 PM EDT
[#8]
I just talked with a des Moines officer, he said per his shift briefing one handgun has been recovered so far.
Link Posted: 12/17/2017 10:08:49 PM EDT
[#9]
I have heard it before.  Nothing ever happens in Ankeny.  This is Ankeny, we don't expect this kind of thing here.  This is Clive, nothing ever happens in Clive.  We don't expect this kind of thing in Clive.  Too many folks are too complacent.   Guess what, it does happen here.  I hope it's true that Des Moines has a gun back.  That's a start.

kwg
Link Posted: 12/18/2017 8:34:06 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
@bhouse1545
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
@bhouse1545
Can't go into details guys company policy new steps are being taken to secure all guns every night also more cameras and sensors around the place although a determined criminal will get through any obstacles this should buy enough time. Realistically to store every gun in our store in a "safe" is impossible we would need 10 "60 gun" safes just for all our long guns not to mention if we are armoring LEO guns at the time hell we just finished a PD armorer order well over 80 that were left overnight hopefully you get my point......
Link Posted: 12/18/2017 2:19:03 PM EDT
[#11]
I don't think anyone is asking about "all guns"

but 7 full-autos left out?

Good thing you're doing a PD order.... sounds like they're going to f'n need it thanks to complacency.
Link Posted: 12/18/2017 5:25:46 PM EDT
[#12]
Stupid question here - but why did these guys have so many FA rifles?  Were those LEO guns in for service or something?  It doesn't make a lot of sense to have FA in "inventory for sale" in a state that disallows ownership, so that's why I'm wondering.
Link Posted: 12/18/2017 9:03:57 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Stupid question here - but why did these guys have so many FA rifles?  Were those LEO guns in for service or something?  It doesn't make a lot of sense to have FA in "inventory for sale" in a state that disallows ownership, so that's why I'm wondering.
View Quote
We have sample letters for demo guns and we can keep them afterwards and have a SOT so we could deal them even without demo letters
Link Posted: 12/18/2017 9:09:28 PM EDT
[#14]
They're a lot of fun to rent. I hope they didn't get the 10/22 that's converted to F/A. That thing is sweet!
Link Posted: 12/19/2017 10:51:55 PM EDT
[#16]
First I've heard that JLM got broken into also. I always forget about that shitty store with shitty customer service.
Link Posted: 12/20/2017 11:16:02 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

First I've heard that JLM got broken into also. I always forget about that shitty store with shitty customer service.
View Quote
New owner, new staff, much improved. You might give them a second chance.
Link Posted: 12/20/2017 11:49:34 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm always willing to give new ownership a chance.
Link Posted: 1/3/2018 12:51:43 PM EDT
[#19]
It does seem odd to leave FA out - our entire shop is a vault.

If it wasn't the FA would be in a safe at least.
Page Hometown » Iowa
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top