Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/25/2022 4:41:08 PM EDT
Hometown Team.  I work for the Army, not on a military installation.  We are looking to rent a range for an entire day to do some fam fire with the military folks.  I used to be able to do this when i was a member of Volusia County gun and hunt club, but I am no longer a member.  

Understand if there are fees associated with it.  the range in Geneva is an option, but havent been able to get a hold of anyone.  

If any has any tips on a facility we could rent for the day, or even a few hours, I would appreciate it.  We have about 14 folks that would most likely be involved.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 5:50:23 PM EDT
[#1]
If this is official business with work folks I might be able to help you.

IM me the details and your projected dates.
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 5:55:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Might also check with Bob Keller at Gamut Resolutions, his range is up and running.
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 7:39:59 PM EDT
[#3]
VCGHC (Volusia County Gun & Hunt Club) seems to be always open to setting up special events.  Plus, Mon and Wed are "Open Range" days to non members, anyways.

And if you haven't been since ownership changed, it's a MUCH better facility.
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 10:19:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
VCGHC (Volusia County Gun & Hunt Club) seems to be always open to setting up special events.  Plus, Mon and Wed are "Open Range" days to non members, anyways.

View Quote

@ljh824: Email [email protected]

I'd bet they'd be happy to help you out.
Link Posted: 1/26/2022 4:26:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote
Great to hear. I'll be there next weekend for a modern day sniper class.

OP, if Volusia doesn't work out I bet Ares in Leesburg would work with you.
Link Posted: 1/26/2022 10:12:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks everyone!  Appreciate the input.  Bob, I may reach out to you.
Link Posted: 1/26/2022 10:32:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Seminole County Gun and Archery Association

specifies in its charter that no commercial enterprise may take place on the range.

I would assume range rental falls in that category.

Never happened in the twenty years or so I’ve been a member.

I can PM you the presidents contact info if you want to follow up.
Link Posted: 1/27/2022 12:45:51 AM EDT
[#8]
I know Gainesville Target Range has 25y bays available to rent for members (relatively cheap per hour based on # of shooters) and I also know they have a 100y members only range that is seldom used, unsure if they rent it but I know it is used for matches, etc. on weekends.

If it isn't too far it is certainly worth a call.
Link Posted: 1/27/2022 5:30:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Seminole County Gun and Archery Association

specifies in its charter that no commercial enterprise may take place on the range.

I would assume range rental falls in that category.

Never happened in the twenty years or so I’ve been a member.

I can PM you the presidents contact info if you want to follow up.
View Quote

Interesting.  We're definitely not commercial.  We're a military unit.  We're trying to avoid going to Patrick AFB, or MacDill AFB, as we just want to conduct FAM fire sessions, nothing more.  My guys have been at their desks too long and are getting rusty.
Link Posted: 1/27/2022 6:28:09 PM EDT
[#10]
I also remember okeechobeee shooting sports taking good care of us when my reserve unit quail’s, but this was back in 2014 or so. Assume they’re still cool.
Link Posted: 1/27/2022 7:52:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Have you considered Blanding?

A little out of the way, but mostly active on weekends.

Wouldn’t think it would be hard to secure a range during the week.
Link Posted: 1/27/2022 9:31:44 PM EDT
[#12]
i think you can rent one of the range bays here

https://www.shooting-center.org/
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top