Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/24/2022 11:38:23 PM EDT
I hope everyone is doing well in GA.  

Carolina mountain folk headed down with some simple toys (basic long guns and a handful of various caliber handguns) and we are hoping to find a place to shoot.  I have a brother that needs to learn the ins and outs (he's a recent convert) and Pop and I are going to ease down that way and make a weekend out of it with him in the next couple of months.  It will have to wait until trout season starts and I've had a chance to fight for a spot on a stream for a couple of weekends first, so I have some time.  

Any recommendations for a range that can show some patience/understanding and two lanes that might can be rented would be appreciated.

ETA:  There might be a sale or two in it for any shops attached to said range if they have a good selection and prices.  My brother is a GA resident and might be looking for some deals while it's on his mind.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 3/25/2022 9:08:19 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I hope everyone is doing well in GA.  

Carolina mountain folk headed down with some simple toys (basic long guns and a handful of various caliber handguns) and we are hoping to find a place to shoot.  I have a brother that needs to learn the ins and outs (he's a recent convert) and Pop and I are going to ease down that way and make a weekend out of it with him in the next couple of months.  It will have to wait until trout season starts and I've had a chance to fight for a spot on a stream for a couple of weekends first, so I have some time.  

Any recommendations for a range that can show some patience/understanding and two lanes that might can be rented would be appreciated.

ETA:  There might be a sale or two in it for any shops attached to said range if they have a good selection and prices.  My brother is a GA resident and might be looking for some deals while it's on his mind.

Thanks!
View Quote

Check the sticky at the top of the HTF page for the Angry Emu range. It's an HTF-supported range that Emu makes available to use. Just make sure not to shoot rifles at the pistol targets and please pick up your brass. And send him a DM to make sure he knows you're coming.
Link Posted: 4/1/2022 10:03:50 AM EDT
[#2]
if looking for indoor range, quickshot is ok. multiple lanes and locations. also have gun rentals available. only caveat is range max is ~25yards.
Link Posted: 4/1/2022 10:17:50 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
if looking for indoor range, quickshot is ok. multiple lanes and locations. also have gun rentals available. only caveat is range max is ~25yards.
View Quote

I've been to quickshot buckhead and midtown, having gone to the buckhead one a lot more. I like the staff there and it's fine, but indoor just doesn't do it for me any more. Also, being in Atlanta, you have some less than savory characters there sometimes who don't know how to handle firearms.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top