Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/20/2021 2:27:37 AM EDT
Some of you remember this place.  Right by Boeing in South Seattle.  All kinds of Aviation memorabilia on the walls.  Got taken down due to COVID.

Pics of it taken yesterday.  Graffiti and chain link fences to keep the homeless out.  Representative of the city of Seattle.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 2:54:07 AM EDT
[#1]
Dang that's sad.
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 1:11:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Shame worked at BFI for 12 years and had many a meal from Randy's

Sir James...
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 8:32:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Oh well...

The writing is on the wall.

Start executing on those escape plans.

My family is in the works to head to Florida.

You have no chance to survive make your time.
Link Posted: 4/21/2021 12:49:56 AM EDT
[#4]
I have a bunch of pictures from there last day in business. I'll put them up when i figure out how to load them.
Link Posted: 4/21/2021 1:02:39 AM EDT
[#5]
I remember going there as a boy with my dad when going to the events held at Boeing field. I've taken my boys there... Some special days where had there.
Link Posted: 4/21/2021 10:03:15 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Shame worked at BFI for 12 years and had many a meal from Randy's

Sir James...
View Quote

Good to see you are still out there SirJames.  

I am still stuck at BFI for a while longer.    

as for Randys.  Yes, I just drove by there yesterday and it looks worse than ever.    The fences didn't work.  

also I could have swore when this came up on the news the owners said it wasn't directly related to the coronavirus.   I may be misremembering though.
Link Posted: 4/21/2021 2:41:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Each time I've ever been there within the last decade, they haven't been that busy. I've noticed the place bustling during events in the area though. I think it's one of those things where they maybe were just getting by but doing ok and 2020 just tipped the cart. I mean I can't really see how it couldn't have affected them.
Link Posted: 4/21/2021 7:30:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Crap, had a few meals there after events at the MOF up the road.
Link Posted: 4/21/2021 9:29:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Oh well...

The writing is on the wall.

Start executing on those escape plans.

My family is in the works to head to Florida.

You have no chance to survive make your time.
View Quote

kali north

On another note, what was the passenger train restaurant that was in SODO called? I can still remember that musty smell in there
Link Posted: 4/21/2021 11:42:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

kali north

On another note, what was the passenger train restaurant that was in SODO called? I can still remember that musty smell in there
View Quote
Unsure of the name, but I've been there several times, long ago. I believe it was called Andy's. Old rail car on Fourth Ave.
Link Posted: 4/22/2021 12:21:25 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Unsure of the name, but I've been there several times, long ago. I believe it was called Andy's. Old rail car on Fourth Ave.
View Quote

Yeah, Andy's Diner it was. We loved going there too. Pretty sure it's still there, but bright yellow or neon and is an Asian takeout or something now.

Link Posted: 4/22/2021 3:01:47 PM EDT
[#12]
Speaking of trains and restaurants, another place we used to go that was really fun for us was the Iron Horse where you'd order and the food was delivered to you on a large model train.

Link Posted: 4/22/2021 10:30:38 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Yeah, Andy's Diner it was. We loved going there too. Pretty sure it's still there, but bright yellow or neon and is an Asian takeout or something now.

http://lh6.ggpht.com/_Wr8Nav20kCg/SPt5LusYNWI/AAAAAAAAERc/9XABxfkR2lM/s400/Andy's%20Diner.jpg

https://media-cdn.tripadvisor.com/media/photo-s/0e/ce/58/4a/photo0jpg.jpg
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://lh6.ggpht.com/_Wr8Nav20kCg/SPt5LusYNWI/AAAAAAAAERc/9XABxfkR2lM/s400/Andy's%20Diner.jpg

https://media-cdn.tripadvisor.com/media/photo-s/0e/ce/58/4a/photo0jpg.jpg

Yes, Andy's

Link Posted: 4/23/2021 4:46:11 AM EDT
[#15]
Being born and raised in Seattle, I hate seeing our “history” fading away...  Little by little. Seattle is definitely on the track of becoming the next Detroit and the sad thing is that everybody sees it, but the leadership and the majority of the people don’t give a phuck and act like like everything is fine.  Sawant is a straight up Communist bitch, with that idiot Gonzales sucking her Richard at every turn.  

Once Seattle is confirmed as the new Detroit, both those clowns will pop smoke and un-ass the AO...  And flee to Florida, Texas, Idaho, Montana, Tennessee or Arizona with their millions of dollars and phuck those States up as well.

I’m waiting for both Florida and Texas to start the deportation of libtards for crimes of plucking up their States.

ANYWAY!! Change will always happen, but it’s more easier to swallow if it’s for something more positive, which Seattle is no longer capable of doing since the people in power are beyond ate the phuck up.

Btw, I’ve been thinking of moving to Florida, but with half of New York and New Jersey now moving down there, I’m not too sure how much longer Florida will be Florida.

Link Posted: 4/24/2021 10:36:58 PM EDT
[#16]
What's the trick to uploading multiple images? I have a bunch of photo's of Randy's that i want to post, but I can't get it to accept more than one image at a time.
Link Posted: 4/25/2021 12:11:37 AM EDT
[#17]
Oops.   Never mind.
Link Posted: 4/25/2021 12:39:09 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
What's the trick to uploading multiple images? I have a bunch of photo's of Randy's that i want to post, but I can't get it to accept more than one image at a time.
View Quote

No idea in terms of uploading... If you're posting them from some url off the net somewhere, you just click the image icon  that looks like a little square with two triangle mountains and a little dot for a sun. That's the image url code button. Just click that and put the url. Want another image, next line and click it again and put the next url... And so on.
Link Posted: 4/25/2021 1:10:56 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 4/25/2021 1:25:43 AM EDT
[#24]
What a damn shame....

It's a bit dusty in here...
Link Posted: 4/25/2021 1:27:19 AM EDT
[#25]
All of the pictures i posted were taken roughly five months before the Op's. I took them on the last day of their operation . So, in five month's time, Randy's has gone from a cool little restaurant/museum/local treasure to a bombed out, Detroit looking shit hole. Thanks Governor Inslee!
Link Posted: 4/25/2021 2:34:14 PM EDT
[#26]
Fuck you Jay Inslee!  Fuck you liberal voters!  This is your fault.
Link Posted: 4/26/2021 6:11:30 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
All of the pictures i posted were taken roughly five months before the Op's. I took them on the last day of their operation . So, in five month's time, Randy's has gone from a cool little restaurant/museum/local treasure to a bombed out, Detroit looking shit hole. Thanks Governor Inslee!
View Quote

This is really sad and a major loss of some serious Americana and local history that can never be replaced.  

It’s a shame that the Georgetown area seems to be changing for the worse these days...  As each day goes by, my dislike of the Left continues to grow stronger, which is a shame.  The Liberal-Left will not be happy until they destroy everything that has made America great.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top