Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/6/2018 12:17:08 PM EDT
https://wgntv.com/
Link Posted: 8/6/2018 12:33:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Watching the conference so far, I'm getting the gist that blame is beginning to shift to the gang members and the community that shields them rather than blaming legal gun owners.

They still managed to squeeze in the call for more gun control legislation in any case.
Link Posted: 8/6/2018 12:56:36 PM EDT
[#2]
They don`t appear to have a recording of that press conference for those that missed it. 10  dead, 53 wounded.  Gangs of course are to blame.
Link Posted: 8/6/2018 2:45:25 PM EDT
[#3]
@berlinsoldaten

Try here:

https://wgntv.com/2018/08/06/9-dead-53-injured-in-chicago-weekend-shootings-hospitals-overwhelmed/
Link Posted: 8/6/2018 4:36:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks, that works I looked on WGNs website and couldn`t find it. It would be good if those that missed it and want to see it could. Usually they call these shootings gun violence, but I saw  one story from AP calling these shootings what they are, gang violence.
Link Posted: 8/7/2018 9:07:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Ah election year. That time of the year where politicians play the "what can I pull out of my arse to save my job/get the job."

its always have been gang violence. Has nothing to do with legal gun owners. Hence why they are legal gun owners. They aren't breaking the laws. You know like shooting at people.

Another problem is that CPD and the police are trying to do their jobs by making arrests but the County judges are giving gun cases house arrest, low binds, i-bonds.

Chicago and County have tough gun laws but don't even enforce them.

The gangs are just 1 of many reasons this is happening. But no politician will admit it.

Gangs and their drug/turf war. Gangs are not even loyal to their own affiliation anymore with their "cliques". Judges don't punish the criminals. Prosecutors aren't prosecute and rather plea bargain. Society in the areas aren't holding the culprits responsible. Society wants police to do the parenting job but can't fix 13-30 years of not properly raising kids. Society keeps the code of silence of those who are committing the shootings/murders.

I can keep going.
Link Posted: 8/8/2018 6:59:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Ah election year. That time of the year where politicians play the "what can I pull out of my arse to save my job/get the job."

its always have been gang violence. Has nothing to do with legal gun owners. Hence why they are legal gun owners. They aren't breaking the laws. You know like shooting at people.

Another problem is that CPD and the police are trying to do their jobs by making arrests but the County judges are giving gun cases house arrest, low binds, i-bonds.

Chicago and County have tough gun laws but don't even enforce them.

The gangs are just 1 of many reasons this is happening. But no politician will admit it.

Gangs and their drug/turf war. Gangs are not even loyal to their own affiliation anymore with their "cliques". Judges don't punish the criminals. Prosecutors aren't prosecute and rather plea bargain. Society in the areas aren't holding the culprits responsible. Society wants police to do the parenting job but can't fix 13-30 years of not properly raising kids. Society keeps the code of silence of those who are committing the shootings/murders.

I can keep going.
View Quote
Well said. Wonder if they'll start offering rewards like Crimestoppers does?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top