Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/21/2022 3:02:58 PM EDT
Any suggestions on where to stay in an RV near the Tahoe area for 6 months this summer? I’m working a seasonal job in Tahoe and need somewhere to park the trailer.
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 2:28:09 AM EDT
[#1]
What part of the lake?  Pretty much anywhere in the Tahoe Basin is going to be booked up and/or expensive.  Depending on where you are working, there are some great options down in the valley that could be a quick drive and save some money.
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 10:02:06 AM EDT
[#2]
I’ll we working out of Portola. Exact location varies. Happy to drive from Reno or Carson city. It won’t be a daily drive.
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 10:23:50 AM EDT
[#3]
Stay in/around Portola then,maybe Quincy or Graeagle.Bordertown RV park maybe?
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 10:25:19 AM EDT
[#4]
Any reason you don’t want to stay in Portola?
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 10:38:08 AM EDT
[#5]
Also do you need hook ups,or can you just dump now and then? There is a ton of awesome camping around Portola.
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 5:08:17 PM EDT
[#6]
We could camp around Portola. I will be a week on and a week off in the back country around Portola. The wife will be with me in the RV and working from the RV, thus she needs reliable broadband. I don’t really want to leave her alone for a week at a time in the woods, especially the California woods where her firepower choices are limited.

I would like to be closer to Reno because I’m trying to convince her to move after this and Reno/Carson City is one of the options.
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 8:58:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Yea there are some pretty remote places around there. Check out the Bordertown RV park,Cold Springs is a nice part of Reno.
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 10:07:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Gold Ranch RV park is probably as centrally located to Portola, Reno, and Carson/Tahoe as youll get and still be in Nevada. My family stays there a couple months every summer in a pull through site. They have only had good things to say about the place
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top