Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/1/2021 10:16:16 PM EDT
The wife and I are going to be doing a 3 week trip into northern MN, camping in a travel trailer in an established campground.  
My IN permit isn't recognized by MN so CCW is out.  
Looking at various websites, including MN, it appears to me that even when camped I can't have a loaded handgun inside the camper when we're there.  Can anyone confirm or deny that is a true statement?  
If handguns are out but long guns are okay, I could bring either an AR carbine (14.5 P&W) or a Rossi 92 lever in .44 magnum.
Thanks in advance.

Link Posted: 7/2/2021 5:27:04 AM EDT
[#1]
An RV is a vehicle. You need a permit.

Once you're at the campground, do you plan on inviting the man into your life? You know what im getting at.

Whereabouts up north will you be?
Link Posted: 7/2/2021 11:26:26 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for confirming my understanding.  We'll be in the Pelican Lake (Orr) area
I had an Utah non-resident permit for years as Minnesota recognized that for some time.  When they no longer recognized the Utah permit, I let it lapse.  Kinda a bummer as we love northern Minnesota.
Link Posted: 7/3/2021 12:11:27 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
An RV is a vehicle. You need a permit.
View Quote

Double check this, he said travel trailer not RV. I'd think the trailer when parked in a camp ground is a temporary residence like a tent and carry is fine inside the trailer. When inside of it and set up, it can't be driven anywhere so it's not a vehicle by itself.
Link Posted: 7/3/2021 6:27:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Double check this, he said travel trailer not RV. I'd think the trailer when parked in a camp ground is a temporary residence like a tent and carry is fine inside the trailer. When inside of it and set up, it can't be driven anywhere so it's not a vehicle by itself.
View Quote
I was hoping this would be the case.
Link Posted: 7/4/2021 8:27:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Apply for a non resident permit while you're here. Any sheriff office will do.
Link Posted: 7/4/2021 8:55:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Apply for a non resident permit while you're here. Any sheriff office will do.
View Quote
Won't I need proof of training?
Link Posted: 7/5/2021 2:33:53 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Won't I need proof of training?
View Quote
There is the online training option. You still need to arrange an in person range session with an instructor who works with the training company, but they give you a certificate that you submit with your paperwork.
Link Posted: 7/9/2021 10:01:27 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
 We'll be in the Pelican Lake (Orr) area
View Quote

Nice. I live not too far from there. If you're going fishing, there's a 30' deep bowl in the center of the lake that holds walleye, crappie, and northerns. It should be ok this time of year.

Link Posted: 7/9/2021 9:51:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Nice. I live not too far from there. If you're going fishing, there's a 30' deep bowl in the center of the lake that holds walleye, crappie, and northerns. It should be ok this time of year.

https://i.ibb.co/GWtjgGp/youdoodle-2021-07-09-T08-59-15-Z.jpg
View Quote
LOL.  We're at Cabin O'Pines as I type this out.  No fishing for us, though.  We elected to leave the tackle at home this year and not buy a license.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top