Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/22/2023 11:02:58 AM EDT
Anyone own a lot at River Ranch and ride there? With our local trails getting some LEO attention I was looking for alternatives to ride ATVs and UTVs with the family.

Cost is minimal but I don't personally know anyone that goes there. Just trying to get an idea if the trails are able to be ridden year round or are they just never ending mud bogs.

Link Posted: 5/22/2023 10:34:41 PM EDT
[#1]
No firsthand experience there but I’ve heard for years that place can be somewhat rough aka trashy people doing trashy things, theft, disputes, etc.  I’m sure it’s not all that but I’m fairly certain there is a certain element of that out there.  I’m sure others with actual experience will be along to speak more accurately.
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 5:43:42 AM EDT
[#2]
In for info seems interesting concept.
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 11:07:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
No firsthand experience there but I’ve heard for years that place can be somewhat rough aka trashy people doing trashy things, theft, disputes, etc.  I’m sure it’s not all that but I’m fairly certain there is a certain element of that out there.  I’m sure others with actual experience will be along to speak more accurately.
View Quote

Well depending on the company I could certainly fall into the white trash category.

I've heard a lot of similar talk but zero first hand. I have kinda taken it as a "I don't like that stuff so I think it's a bad place". It appears to be extremely access limited given the PW I had to submit for myself, wife, and kids. I guess the gate is staffed 24/7 by either RRPOA staff or security after hours.

I'll be heading up there in the coming weeks once I get some time freed up. Hopefully it's super awesome and not a waste of money. Time will tell!
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 6:35:17 PM EDT
[#4]
My BIL is a member and goes there often.

He has no problems that he speaks of and takes his family there a lot so it can't be all that bad. But like mentioned, depends on your specific crowd, always that one guy who ruins it for the others.

Link Posted: 5/24/2023 8:12:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

He has no problems that he speaks of and takes his family there a lot so it can't be all that bad. But like mentioned, depends on your specific crowd, always that one guy who ruins it for the others.

View Quote

That’s good to hear, Bob. I’ve known about that place since I was a teenager and I have heard that sometimes things can get a little out of hand out there. I guess the premise is that you buy a parcel of land that is unable to be developed and it just gains you access to the place. I think people put up little camps and things like that and I know it’s kind of a drink all night and get rowdy thing sometimes from what I hear.  Good to know that people can go out there and have a decent time and not likely encounter any issues.
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 9:56:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

That’s good to hear, Bob. I’ve known about that place since I was a teenager and I have heard that sometimes things can get a little out of hand out there. I guess the premise is that you buy a parcel of land that is unable to be developed and it just gains you access to the place. I think people put up little camps and things like that and I know it’s kind of a drink all night and get rowdy thing sometimes from what I hear.  Good to know that people can go out there and have a decent time and not likely encounter any issues.
View Quote

I'm sure there are occasional issues out there... what would one expect with a bunch of good ole' boys sipping suds all day and raising hell in the mud?

"Y'all talking about mudding"?
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 10:14:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 10:17:43 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

i have friends who also have places out there. they had / have "camps" there. was just a big fire that burnt several camps out (when i say camps i mean like luxury glamping "sheds" the one i saw on facebook that burned down probably had $100k put into it). in 2021 3 poachers ran over an fwc officer and a manhunt ensued involving about 100 officers.

for the most part everyone i know who goes there has a good time, and are mostly law abiding citizens.

edit - the only thing that concerns me with places like this or timeshares, ect. is i own deed / part deed, what happens when shit hits the fan? someone gets hurt? as part owner (best i can tell form being a property owner, business owner, landlord) i am now part of the lawsuit. my liability insurance here, or any of my businesses will not protect my assets from that property. i would be on the hook for whatever comes from that. historically that would be a small amount (broken up between all property owners / all 52 timeshare owners) but it is still in my opinion an uninsurable liability. the only upside is fun. for me it is cheaper to rent someone else's fun for the few weekends a year.
Link Posted: 6/12/2023 7:10:36 PM EDT
[#9]
My deceased brother had a place out there. He told me about wild stuff going on. One night two guys got into
a fight and one guy had an ear mostly shot off. This was about 14 years ago.
Link Posted: 6/14/2023 10:38:01 AM EDT
[#10]
*UPDATE*

Went last Sunday for the first time. First time check in process was pretty easy given that I had completed most of it online.

The main road was easily passible and it blew my mind that some guys were pulling 40" 5th wheel RVs down it! Saturday was clearly a big day there and Sunday morning was a mass exodus of folks leaving.

After leaving the main road the road conditions deteroridated immediately. In a stock Polaris Ranger I didn't get stuck, but came close many times. Once leaving the "road" and hitting the trails things smoothed out. We had a great time. We did around 20 miles in a little over 3 hours. We saw only a handful of people out on the trails. I didn't see any dangerous activities or people being stupid. I am sure Saturday night was a different story.

All in all I was happy. We are defiantly going to be heading back in the coming weeks.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top