Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/28/2019 6:40:11 AM EDT
Senate Judiciary this time.
Lets come out even stronger....because the other side most definitely will.
http://status.rilin.state.ri.us/documents/agenda-16197.pdf
Link Posted: 3/28/2019 7:06:18 AM EDT
[#1]
See you there! The opposition will deffinately be stronger this time, hell CuntMundo flew in the head of the Moms.
Link Posted: 3/28/2019 8:17:59 PM EDT
[#2]
I'll be there as well.

I really need to pick up an arfcom hat or something.
Link Posted: 3/29/2019 11:05:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/29/2019 11:07:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/29/2019 11:26:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/30/2019 2:43:50 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
@03rn
@raf
@justice23
View Quote
I'll be there Tim. I looked for you at the last one but didn't see you. I had to leave at 5 to pick up my kids.
Link Posted: 3/30/2019 8:18:22 AM EDT
[#7]
I should be able to swing by on my way home.
Link Posted: 3/30/2019 5:12:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
OK, will try to get next day off from work.  In the meantime, see topic in GD where CA magazine ban was declared unconstitutional.  I strongly suggest looking into this, and preparing e-mails/testimony based on this very recent development.
View Quote
Already done today RAF! See you Gents there! Planning on bringing my son with me this time, his 9 year old curiosity wants to see what this is all about when Dad has to "Go fight with the idiots again".
Link Posted: 3/31/2019 12:54:32 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 3/31/2019 8:07:30 AM EDT
[#10]
It goes with out saying to get any many people to go as we can but if anyone tells you "I can't make it" don't forget to let them know this is all night.
After 5:00 they can park across the street at the Dept of Health walk in sign their opposition hang out for as long as they can and then leave. Let them know it's that important.
Link Posted: 3/31/2019 4:20:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 3/31/2019 7:41:08 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I've been there more times than I care to count.  I'll be there again, whether on this next Tues or not.  Just being there, and even testifying, absolutely is NO replacement for emailing the Members and Chair of the relevant committee(s) nor does it relieve you of the responsibility to contact your personal Sen/Rep, and let them know, politely, but in no uncertain terms,  how you feel about their votes on the upcoming Bills.

It's for certain that both House and Senate Leaders, and leadership Teams should get emails from us all.  The leadership of both Chambers has a huge amount of control over which bills see the light of day.

So, the must-send emails are to the following:

1) House and Senate Leaders, and members of their respective leadership teams,
2) Members and Chairs of the respective House and Senate committees hearing relevant bills,and
3) Your personal Sen/Rep.

Allow me to make the vital point that if you are the constituent of any of the Sens/Reps/Leadership mentioned above, [I]make that known in the first part of your email[/b].  Your opinion counts much more if you can truthfully claim to be a constituent, so make that clear, if so.  This last point cannot be over-emphasized.
View Quote
So where does phone calls fall on list of effectiveness?
Can you explain for our benfit the value of email vs signing your opposition at the SH and testifying?
Thanks
Link Posted: 3/31/2019 8:09:20 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

So where does phone calls fall on list of effectiveness?
Can you explain for our benfit the value of email vs signing your opposition at the SH and testifying?
Thanks
View Quote
Good question and I'm wondering where actual letters fall on the list (I'm old fashioned).
Link Posted: 4/1/2019 10:34:08 PM EDT
[#14]
Anyone have a sample letter? Lynch-Prata is my senator.
I don't want to miss any key points when I email her. If someone has a template I'd really appreciate it.
Link Posted: 4/2/2019 1:32:39 PM EDT
[#15]
Where can I park? I want to get there as early as possible.

I used to use the Prov Place Mall parking, but my truck with ladder rack is too tall.

It's a hell of a process to take it off and put it back on so that's not a viable option.
Link Posted: 4/2/2019 2:11:25 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Where can I park? I want to get there as early as possible.

I used to use the Prov Place Mall parking, but my truck with ladder rack is too tall.

It's a hell of a process to take it off and put it back on so that's not a viable option.
View Quote
If before 5pm you could park at Marriot on Orms or if lucky there is metered 4hr parking next to state house on the right across from the Renisance hotel. There is also parking near Roger Willams House at the bottom of the hill there.
Link Posted: 4/2/2019 4:50:47 PM EDT
[#17]
I found a lot not too far away and I'm here now. There are quite a few yellow shirts, but not near as many as last time. It's still early though.

Mom's Against Common Sense are dreadfully outnumbered though
Link Posted: 4/2/2019 6:12:20 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 4/3/2019 5:55:58 AM EDT
[#19]
Sorry I missed everyone. I went from having a day off to a 3-11 shift.
Link Posted: 4/3/2019 6:03:51 AM EDT
[#20]
I know the feeling 03RN ... I was planning on staying for most of the night, but got called back in.

The good news is it's being reported on Facebook that all the bills were held for further study.
Link Posted: 4/3/2019 6:28:14 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 4/3/2019 9:43:59 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 4/3/2019 7:08:24 PM EDT
[#23]
I missed this thread, but I was there for about 3 hours last night, just like 2 weeks ago. SO FUCKING SICK AND TIRED of having to go...
Link Posted: 4/3/2019 8:24:31 PM EDT
[#24]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top