Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/12/2021 10:01:08 AM EDT
Deadline for Personal Testimony has passed, but deadline for Written testimony is Monday 12 APR @ 1400.

Follow link for a pre-prepared letter you can easily send to all concerned: http://rifol.org/

Send link to like-minded folks.  Time is short.  Letter can be personalized.  I added a comment that no Bills except the State Budget ought to be considered in times of limited public participation.
Link Posted: 4/12/2021 8:39:00 PM EDT
[#1]
With 31 Views, I hope some have made appropriate e-mails.
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 5:26:14 AM EDT
[Last Edit: sgwlower] [#2]
Emails were sent, speeches were made last night. Any idea of the outcome? Nothing posted to the legislation website.

*ETA* All Bills held for further study.
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 3:34:55 PM EDT
[#3]
I listened in for a few hours. Most all of the anti arguments were the same and when questioned, none could back up their arguments.
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 4:38:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Builder1:
I listened in for a few hours. Most all of the anti arguments were the same and when questioned, none could back up their arguments.
View Quote

it was like they were reading directly from a form letter.
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 8:14:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Yep, like brainless drones. One lady even made her middle school aged daughter call in all emotional about how she’s so afraid of guns every day at school.
Link Posted: 5/23/2021 8:47:16 AM EDT
[Last Edit: raf] [#6]
Apparently all these Bills are still "In Committee", presumably being studied and/or modified.

I have no knowledge, but I would have thought that if the Bills were capable of being passed in their original configuration(s), they would have already been sent to the House and Senate for votes.  Hopefully, the Antis overstepped the bounds of what is currently "acceptable", and this is the reason for the delay.  OTOH, perhaps the Pols are just waiting for more "Campaign" donations to be delivered.

More E-mails to both House and Senate Judiciary committee Members, as well as E-mails to House and Senate Leadership Teams might be a good thing in order to remind them of how we feel.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top