Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/9/2021 7:15:48 PM EDT
It's come to my attention that many still think of RCLRC as the Secret Squirrel Range in Racine, WI.

This is no longer the case as the old heirarchy has been routed, and more modern people are in charge.

Shameless plug for racinecountylinerifleclub.com (arfcom says this is not a valid url, but the internet says it is)

7 ranges from point blank range to 600+ yards. NFA friendly. Working club.  Stupid cheap annual dues ($120) for 360 days per year of open shooting.

Link Posted: 7/9/2021 8:25:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Yeah the old hierarchy is out and more modern people are in, but also doubled the annual dues. Really not that affordable when ya only use it once or twice a year.
Great place though. Best range around once you get in.
Link Posted: 7/10/2021 9:48:33 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
It's come to my attention that many still think of RCLRC as the Secret Squirrel Range in Racine, WI.

This is no longer the case as the old heirarchy has been routed, and more modern people are in charge.

Shameless plug for racinecountylinerifleclub.com (arfcom says this is not a valid url, but the internet says it is)

7 ranges from point blank range to 600+ yards. NFA friendly. Working club.  Stupid cheap annual dues ($120) for 360 days per year of open shooting.

View Quote

You're leaving out a few details here.

First year is $275(not sure if this includes the $60 assessment fee or not. If not it's $335) and you have to complete 100 hours of work hours as well as you have to be sponsored by a current member to get in. While that's not terrible, it's quite a bit of an investment for anybody with a decent drive in or the casual shooter. Great range for anybody in eastern Racine Co or southern Milwaukee Co tho.
Link Posted: 7/10/2021 7:05:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Great range. Have a couple buddies who are members and the range has been extremely good to my agency as it allows us a much better place to train than the average joints.
Link Posted: 7/11/2021 5:19:28 PM EDT
[#4]
This is good to hear.  Unfortunately, I'm already a member at a few places up here and there is no way I could make up those work hours with my current schedule.  I did some training there and would love to hit the 600yd range sometime.
Link Posted: 7/12/2021 11:52:18 AM EDT
[#5]
I'm there 2-3 times a year though I live 4 hours away.  I'll be there this weekend to shoot the 600 yard match.  I'd join if I lived closer or if they had 1,000 yards.
Link Posted: 7/13/2021 8:30:07 AM EDT
[#6]
Is there anywhere in the state, other than Lodi, that has a 1000yd range with target pits?
Link Posted: 7/13/2021 8:45:56 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Is there anywhere in the state, other than Lodi, that has a 1000yd range with target pits?
View Quote
Not that I know of.
Link Posted: 7/13/2021 1:25:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Pretty sure Winnequa is the only one in WI.
Link Posted: 7/15/2021 1:09:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

@ MisterPX

I've been a member there darn near 20 years now.  My member number is in the low 1300's.  Do you remember an arfcom member "photoman"?  He's a member there but doesn't seem to post here any longer.
Link Posted: 7/16/2021 2:05:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Yep, I remember him.   Also a lot of the old crew that used to make up the Wihtf.
Link Posted: 7/16/2021 5:11:30 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Yep, I remember him.   Also a lot of the old crew that used to make up the Wihtf.
View Quote

I remember you and Sully's classes.
Belong to another club but can't do the type of shooting that RCLRC allows.
Still have any training classes there?
Link Posted: 7/16/2021 7:11:33 PM EDT
[#12]
There actually are many training classes held annually.

I know, I know, the advertising sucks.  There's even a rclrc facebook page, but I don't recall classes being pimped on there either.
Link Posted: 7/16/2021 7:35:33 PM EDT
[#13]
Anyone else shooting tomorrow?
Link Posted: 7/16/2021 7:43:13 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Anyone else shooting tomorrow?
View Quote

The 4 gun?   Unfortunately not.
Link Posted: 7/16/2021 7:59:51 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

The 4 gun?   Unfortunately not.
View Quote
Yeah. Seemed like a good opportunity to get some palma practice in.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top