Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/6/2022 2:21:34 PM EDT
Woke up early, eager to attend the 1st Sig Freedom Day at Ben Avery
Arrived o site at 10, parked at 10:15, Still standing in line to register at 11:20, and I have prepaid for the registration a month ago.
Any ARFCOMMER attending
All my excitement are gone, I am down right upset.

Maybe the darn Sig lawyers should worry about people getting heat stroke standing under the AZ hot sun.

End of rant
Link Posted: 5/6/2022 7:20:08 PM EDT
[#1]
I am with you.  What a nightmare!  Stood in line for almost two hours just to get in.  Don’t get me wrong.  I am a huge Sig fan.  Own several of them.  I thought I saw a new mcx in my future.  I can’t do it now.  Sig did a huge disservice with these event.  Two hours to get in, after 45 minutes to shoot a virtus, my friend and I gave up.  Pistol range was the same way.  On a high note, I got to see navy seal sniper and author Jack Carr.

It is almost like they expected 10 people and 10,000 showed up.  Check in folks were horribly incompetent.  I was sure everything was one braille but no one was blind.  You could taste the mass confusion.

I had pre registered both myself and a friend.  If you have plans for Saturday or Sunday, I would recommend you try and get a refund now.

I don’t normally complain but this was a complete S***show.

Hipshot6
Link Posted: 5/6/2022 7:22:21 PM EDT
[#2]
I am with you.  What a nightmare!  Stood in line for almost two hours just to get in.  Don’t get me wrong.  I am a huge Sig fan.  Own several of them.  I thought I saw a new mcx in my future.  I can’t do it now.  Sig did a huge disservice with these event.  Two hours to get in, after 45 minutes to shoot a virtus, my friend and I gave up.  Pistol range was the same way.  On a high note, I got to see navy seal sniper and author Jack Carr.

It is almost like they expected 10 people and 10,000 showed up.  Check in folks were horribly incompetent.  I was sure everything was one braille but no one was blind.  You could taste the mass confusion.

I had pre registered both myself and a friend.  If you have plans for Saturday or Sunday, I would recommend you try and get a refund now.

I don’t normally complain but this was a complete S***show.

Hipshot6
Link Posted: 5/6/2022 10:39:08 PM EDT
[#3]
To be fare, I had a long talk with one of the staff.
Sig fault, open up 4 lanes of same day register, so makes me wonder, why did we pre-register...oh yeah, to get into the machine gun shoot, which Sig cancelled, so only demo by staff.
Sig need to share the fault with the event sub-contractor, the liability release form could have been sent out by Docu-sign, instead of having a live signature
More issues, laptop and tablet hang up, network failure due to heat.
What Sig could have done, have ice cold water for the people in line, add more shades.
It was lucky, nobody have serious heat stroke.

I only used up 7 out of my 10 stages, got to took a peep of the JM and LM presentation.
Walk thru the vendors, said hi to Gelco, did not get much stuff.
Was hoping to be able to score some M17 magazines, none.
Got to look at the future US Army rifle, and the cartridge, did not spent much time there with the crowd.

Yep, Saturday and Sunday will be a sh_t show, and no, I am not going there.
I hope Sig learn their lesson, and have better organization this coming weekend.

Toothing pain, toothing pain.
Link Posted: 5/7/2022 12:02:07 AM EDT
[#4]
I was really expecting a full blown Sig store where you could fondle everything.  Did I miss it?
Vendor row was very friendly and helpful.  But still, Sig should be ashamed.
Link Posted: 5/7/2022 1:46:24 AM EDT
[#5]
No Sig store, only out at the range.
This is their first year, maybe it will improve.
At least, I shot 7 out of 10 stages

I was told, the annual range events held by the Department there, was well ran.
Link Posted: 5/7/2022 6:02:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Have you seen the way SIG is run? I'm not shocked.
Link Posted: 5/7/2022 7:05:00 PM EDT
[#7]
No I have not, I am all ears.
Sig did have a rep for really good at getting the contract, but under deliver, back from the days when the Sig homeland defense pistol were failing.  I had one, and the trigger problem never went away, wind up selling it.
That is why, to this day, I will not own a P226.

I currently only have, maybe 5 Sig pistols and rifles, and maybe looking at the Sig P210 (used to have one).
What is interesting thou, seems like, the MPX-K works pretty well with their own brand of suppressor.
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 7:18:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Anytime I see an outdoor event for "spring" Phoenix weather of April and May, esp. the latter.  The likelihood for failure is too great to deal with it.  One thing to stand in line for hours in February, quite another for May.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top