Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/7/2018 12:22:58 AM EDT
Thought I'd share some views of the wetness.  It was a nice hard 15-20min down pour.

Link Posted: 7/7/2018 12:37:27 AM EDT
[#1]
Nice...
Link Posted: 7/7/2018 1:14:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Got a little bit on flowing springs.
Link Posted: 7/7/2018 11:12:46 AM EDT
[#3]
Finally!
Link Posted: 7/7/2018 12:53:05 PM EDT
[#4]
We got some too. Heaviest was in the Pinetop/Lakeside area, but we did have a couple hours of some nice light rain to help the trees and grasses. Looks like we have better than 50% chances of rain for the next few days. One weather app is saying 100% for Monday, but of course it will be tuesday when I am pouring the slab for our house.
Link Posted: 7/8/2018 8:54:10 AM EDT
[#5]
We finally got rain here too in Prescott.

It was glorious.
Link Posted: 7/8/2018 2:02:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Got hammered yesterday. Went with a group of friends in some side by sides, the back way through the forest to pinetop for dinner. On the way there we saw the clouds really building up and looking very promising. So of course we challenged mother nature and told her to go ahead and rain on us, we won't mind getting wet. Well, when we left the restaurant, she obliged us. She pounded us with rain that was so heavy, we had to look out the side of the SxS to see the road, which had turned into streams. This lasted about 20 minutes, then she sent in the back ups.... gumball sized hail. That lasted about 10 minutes. Needless to say, when we left our property we were dressed for the 80 degree weather, meaning shorts, t shirts, and flip flops. By the time we finished the 45 minute ride home, we were beyond soaked and freezing. Once we got inside, the skies opened up again for about another 10 minutes of a good heavy rain. Forecast for the next several days are filled with better than 50% chances of rain. Finally looking up for things to start turning green around here.
Link Posted: 7/8/2018 11:52:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Got hammered yesterday. Went with a group of friends in some side by sides, the back way through the forest to pinetop for dinner. On the way there we saw the clouds really building up and looking very promising. So of course we challenged mother nature and told her to go ahead and rain on us, we won't mind getting wet. Well, when we left the restaurant, she obliged us. She pounded us with rain that was so heavy, we had to look out the side of the SxS to see the road, which had turned into streams. This lasted about 20 minutes, then she sent in the back ups.... gumball sized hail. That lasted about 10 minutes. Needless to say, when we left our property we were dressed for the 80 degree weather, meaning shorts, t shirts, and flip flops. By the time we finished the 45 minute ride home, we were beyond soaked and freezing. Once we got inside, the skies opened up again for about another 10 minutes of a good heavy rain. Forecast for the next several days are filled with better than 50% chances of rain. Finally looking up for things to start turning green around here.
View Quote
Sounds like a great day.
Link Posted: 7/9/2018 10:52:36 PM EDT
[#8]
We just got 1.1” in Mesa in one downpour. That’s greater than we’ve gotten all year so far.

Will this be enough to stop fire restrictions in BLM and National Forest lands????
Link Posted: 7/10/2018 1:13:22 AM EDT
[#9]
2.5 inches here in Florence, heavy wind, and dime sized hail.

We were going to hit up the lake on our kayaks tonight, not now.

We'll spend all day cleaning up our house, and then help the neighbors.

I've lived here 36 years, and this is the biggest storms to ever hit us head on.
Link Posted: 7/10/2018 9:31:48 AM EDT
[#10]
My son is in Buckeye, they had a wild storm Sunday night. A row of steel high voltage power poles were bent in half/blown over. Multiple trees down roof damage etc. All that but not much rain.
Link Posted: 7/15/2018 11:00:46 AM EDT
[#11]
been raining every day now...the bears, foxes, coyotes have departed my backyard  :)

now its time to start scouting the peaks for my hunt.

compression fracture L3....shit.  think I'll just watch TV and GD.
Link Posted: 7/15/2018 12:06:55 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
My son is in Buckeye, they had a wild storm Sunday night. A row of steel high voltage power poles were bent in half/blown over. Multiple trees down roof damage etc. All that but not much rain.
View Quote
Saw pics of the towers.  It was one of the giant srp 500kv towers.. it is mangled!
Link Posted: 7/15/2018 7:57:17 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Saw pics of the towers.  It was one of the giant srp 500kv towers.. it is mangled!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It takes a LOT of wind to knock one of those over. Micro burst or small tornado?
Link Posted: 7/15/2018 8:55:13 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

It takes a LOT of wind to knock one of those over. Micro burst or small tornado?
View Quote
Microburst.  Code requires 90-100mph capability.  SRP builds them beyond that... so it was 100mph+

http://www.azfamily.com/story/38615910/amazing-pictures-buckeye-downburst-took-out-massive-srp-towers
Link Posted: 7/15/2018 9:31:46 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Microburst.  Code requires 90-100mph capability.  SRP builds them beyond that... so it was 100mph+

http://www.azfamily.com/story/38615910/amazing-pictures-buckeye-downburst-took-out-massive-srp-towers
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That must have been a very impressive fireworks show when those lines shorted out.
Link Posted: 7/16/2018 2:18:51 PM EDT
[#16]
Camping season has finally begun!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top