Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/3/2021 11:37:46 AM EDT
Hello Everyone,

Thank you in advance for reading this and any info you can offer.  I just noticed that my CC card is about to expire.  I believe there is a extension due to covid but I want to get it out of the way asap.  Can someone please remind me...this is my first renewal, do I need any training for my renewal?

Second question, I have a vague memory of semi auto shotguns being a no no the paradise of Chicago and Cook County.  

Any information will be greatly appreciated.  I'm super busy at work and these issues are both time sensitive.  Additionally I don't have a lot of time to research...plus a lot of what I've read seems to be opinions.  I'm believe this group to be more objective and knowledgeable.

Thank you again for any information,

Stainless.
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 2:44:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Hello Everyone,

Thank you in advance for reading this and any info you can offer.  I just noticed that my CC card is about to expire.  I believe there is a extension due to covid but I want to get it out of the way asap.  Can someone please remind me...this is my first renewal, do I need any training for my renewal?

Second question, I have a vague memory of semi auto shotguns being a no no the paradise of Chicago and Cook County.  

Any information will be greatly appreciated.  I'm super busy at work and these issues are both time sensitive.  Additionally I don't have a lot of time to research...plus a lot of what I've read seems to be opinions.  I'm believe this group to be more objective and knowledgeable.

Thank you again for any information,

Stainless.
View Quote

1. Yes,  a 3 hr renewal class and certificate to upload with renewal application.  You can start renewal without cert but one must be submitted at some point.  There is an 18 month extension beyond end of disaster proclamation.

See pinned Covid post in HTF.
https://www.ar15.com/forums/Hometown/COVID-FOID-and-CCL-extensions-here/23-650524/#i7163800

and ISP FAQ
https://www.ispfsb.com/Public/Faq.aspx

What is the impact of the state's disaster declaration on my CCL expiration Date?

Firearms Owners Identification (FOID) card holders and Concealed Carry License (CCL) holders, who submit their renewal application will remain valid during the duration of the state's disaster proclamation and for a period of 18 months (previously 12 months) following the termination of the disaster, even if their renewal application is/was not submitted prior to expiration. Renewal CCL holders will need to submit proof of their three-hour renewal training within 18 months following the termination of the state's disaster proclamation in order to maintain the validity of their CCL.

What if I need to renew my CCL, but can't get into a refresher class due to COVID-19?

In accordance with the Executive Order and emergency administrative rules governing concealed carry matters in Illinois, CCL holders can renew their cards without having to submit proof of training during the renewal process. This exemption does require that those not submitting proof of training ultimately do so within 18 months of the termination of the state's disaster proclamation.

I am a CCL holder. How can I complete my three-hour training?

Renewal applications will be accepted without proof that renewal training is completed. CCL licensees will need to submit proof of their three-hour renewal training within 18 months following the termination of the state's disaster proclamation in order to maintain the validity of their CCL license
View Quote

2. The ban does have some shotgun restrictions iirc. AWB is in the Cook muni code.   I think it was semi auto shotguns holding more than 5 rounds but I could be wrong and IANAL.

https://library.municode.com/il/cook_county/codes/code_of_ordinances?nodeId=PTIGEOR_CH54LIPEMIBURE_ARTIIIDEWEDE_DIV4BLHOASWEBA

(4)A semiautomatic shotgun that has one or more of the following:
(A)Only a pistol grip without a stock attached;
(B)Any feature capable of functioning as a protruding grip that can be held by the non-trigger hand;
(C)A folding, telescoping or thumbhole stock;
(D)A fixed magazine capacity in excess of five rounds;
(E)An ability to accept a detachable magazine; or
(F)A grenade, flare or rocket launcher.

(5)Any shotgun with a revolving cylinder.
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 2:50:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Thank you, that was so very helpful
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 3:03:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thank you, that was so very helpful
View Quote

Added shotgun data while you were replying.
Link Posted: 3/5/2021 10:33:10 AM EDT
[#4]
Nuts I really wanted to add a grenade or rocket launcher to my shotgun.  Thank you again

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top