Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/22/2021 1:43:01 PM EDT
Simply curious if I am allowed to send a CA resident, NON-LEO, a Glock 45 9mm that, to my knowledge, is not on their / your roster.   I had a party contact me claiming there’s “extra paperwork” on his end, but I don’t recall this being the case for any CA resident.  Should I politely move on to another buyer?  This isn’t an EE transaction, but this is where I come for news and resources and memes. Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 8/22/2021 4:20:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Did you check the roster?

If it's not on the roster and he's not a LEO, then the transaction is not allowed.  The non-LEO roster exemptions are for qualifying single-action revolvers, single shot pistols, C&R pistols (50+ years old), and intrafamilial transfers (parent to child, grandparent to grandchild, husband to wife).
Link Posted: 8/23/2021 12:13:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes, you're allowed to ship it. It's on the buyer/his FFL to verify that the transfer is legally processed. I'd stipulate to the buyer being responsible for return shipping and a non refundable percentage if he can't transfer it.

Make sure your FFL is familiar with the process of shipping a firearm to California (CFLC program).
Link Posted: 8/23/2021 10:22:10 PM EDT
[#3]
If he's not LE, You should move on. Unless his dealer is crooked and doing shady shit, it can't be transferred. I'm a 01FFL, I would charge him my receiving/transfer fee. a $50.00 fee to send it back and the shipping/insurance cost(thats if the seller would take it back). I've had multiple persons ship me "off roster" guns without clearing it with me first. At a minimum you should call his dealer.
Link Posted: 8/24/2021 9:08:50 AM EDT
[#4]
Thank you for the replies.  I have passed on the sale.  Too much fuckery for a simple sale.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top