Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/25/2021 4:32:18 PM EDT

My brother lives in NYS in Orange County. He is in the market for a semi automatic rifle, and is having trouble finding a NY compliant AR .. I told him I would give him one of my Mini-14’s ( normal stock, non threaded barrel).

Does NY have any weird laws about a non FFL from out of state shipping a gun to a NY FFL for transfer? Here in Georgia, most FFL’s are fine with it , provided the seller/sender sends a copy of their drivers license. They have to log it in, before the buyer fills out the 4473.

Can I ship him Ammo direct via UPS or FEDEX ? He stated he can’t find ammo too. I was going to send him a couple of hundred rounds

I told him he will have to buy 10 round Mags for the rifle, as I can not send him any of my mags ( they are all 30 rounders)

Thanks

Link Posted: 1/25/2021 10:16:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Dealer to dealer firearm isn’t fine.

You to NY dealer is fine, include a copy of your license.

Ammo there are a lot of opinions on. Probably best to ship it to the dealer receiving the transfer and let them pass it along to your brother.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 7:50:59 AM EDT
[#2]
Are you sure you are not returning your Brother's Mini 14 that he left with you for safekeeping?  Just asking in case it slipped your mind.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 7:54:28 AM EDT
[#3]
Yeah OP...that was always your brother's rifle right? You are just giving it back to him. If he always owned it, no ffl needed.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 4:01:34 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Dealer to dealer firearm isn't fine.

View Quote
What does this mean, HR?
Link Posted: 1/29/2021 8:10:20 PM EDT
[#5]
It was nice of him to let you borrow his mini14 for so long.
Link Posted: 2/12/2021 9:18:31 AM EDT
[#6]
No matter what, you are the best brother ever. Thats helpin a brother out!
Link Posted: 2/12/2021 9:57:53 PM EDT
[#7]
its about time you give your brother back his firearm...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top