Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/13/2018 8:31:29 PM EDT
May move to the Portland area. Got a couple of questions:

1.) Any places in driving distance with "training bays," 20-100 yards, 3-sided berm, to train action shooting?
2.) Any long range places in driving distance (1000 yds+)?

Thanks
Link Posted: 6/13/2018 8:37:38 PM EDT
[#1]
We still can go up into the woods and shoot for the most part. But I think there is 3 ranges around the eugene area.
what part of oregon?
Link Posted: 6/13/2018 8:43:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Portland, thanks.
Link Posted: 7/1/2018 11:19:10 AM EDT
[#3]
Douglas ridge and Tri County
Douglas has 1k
TCGC has 600

Both have other bays as well
Link Posted: 7/1/2018 12:23:30 PM EDT
[#4]
https://www.arpc.info/membership/
This is the place you seek. It's a drive but it is the best range in the state. They are getting ready to install a 1000 yard range if they can get everything set up.
Link Posted: 7/2/2018 11:40:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
This is the place you seek. It's a drive but it is the best range in the state. They are getting ready to install a 1000 yard range if they can get everytkoihing set up.
View Quote
This. We are in the process of moving up toward Portland and will be staying in as members. It's a really nice place to shoot!
Link Posted: 7/2/2018 11:50:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
This. We are in the process of moving up toward Portland and will be staying in as members. It's a really nice place to shoot!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
This is the place you seek. It's a drive but it is the best range in the state. They are getting ready to install a 1000 yard range if they can get everytkoihing set up.
On top of what I said above in the winter you can shoot at night. If you get my drift.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/3/2018 2:11:16 AM EDT
[#7]
And theres a multi gun match there this Sunday
Link Posted: 7/20/2018 3:28:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Appreciate all the good info!

NFA ok in Oregon? Suppressors, SBRs? No state regulation or procedure I have to follow?

Anyone know the CHL process in Washington County?

Appreciate all the help and patience with basic questions.
Link Posted: 7/20/2018 3:36:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
NFA ok in Oregon? Suppressors, SBRs? No state regulation or procedure I have to follow?

Anyone know the CHL process in Washington County?

Appreciate all the help and patience with basic questions.
View Quote
No NFA restrictions.

CHL is pretty simple, take a course and apply online: https://www.co.washington.or.us/sheriff/otherservices/concealed-handguns.cfm
Link Posted: 7/20/2018 6:41:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
May move to the Portland area. Got a couple of questions:

1.) Any places in driving distance with "training bays," 20-100 yards, 3-sided berm, to train action shooting?
2.) Any long range places in driving distance (1000 yds+)?

Thanks
View Quote
Welcome! My advise is, stay as far away from PDX as you possibly can. The further the better.  It is a shit hole and run by communists assholes just like the state or Oregon government.
Link Posted: 9/20/2018 7:19:44 PM EDT
[#11]
Thanks for all the input.

I ended up in the Hillsboro area, so TCGC is the closest of those listed and I joined their waitlist. They do seem quite popular though, any idea how long the wait is?

Douglas county is about an hour away, whereas ARPC is 1.5 hrs but seems to be a nicer range, so I figure I might as well do ARPC if there is no wait.
Link Posted: 9/20/2018 9:00:11 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
This is the place you seek. It's a drive but it is the best range in the state. They are getting ready to install a 1000 yard range if they can get everything set up.
View Quote
I've spoken with a few people who know what is going on there
1000 yards is not going to happen any time soon, as in maybe never.
Link Posted: 9/20/2018 10:06:01 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
That's a bummer.
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 8:43:46 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Thanks for all the input.

I ended up in the Hillsboro area, so TCGC is the closest of those listed and I joined their waitlist. They do seem quite popular though, any idea how long the wait is?

Douglas county is about an hour away, whereas ARPC is 1.5 hrs but seems to be a nicer range, so I figure I might as well do ARPC if there is no wait.
View Quote
I've been a member for about 15 years.  2000 members when I joined, now close to 6,000.  I've heard the waiting list is over 1 year.
Link Posted: 9/22/2018 10:26:47 PM EDT
[#15]
jdad, good to know, I'll sit tight.

I've followed the directions on the ARPC website and tried emailing ARPC to get invited to an orientation, but so far no response. Any members here know what the process is?
Link Posted: 9/22/2018 11:01:55 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
jdad, good to know, I'll sit tight.

I've followed the directions on the ARPC website and tried emailing ARPC to get invited to an orientation, but so far no response. Any members here know what the process is?
View Quote
I'm not a member of that range but go there once or twice a month for matches.
In the E mail communications I've had, they are good at replying.
I add a subject in the subject line like "multi gun this Sunday, or Steel Match question" so they have an idea of what I'm talking about.
Link Posted: 9/24/2018 7:44:05 AM EDT
[#17]
Gun show this weekend. Maybe they’re too busy to check emails.
Link Posted: 10/7/2018 1:59:45 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Douglas ridge and Tri County
Douglas has 1k
TCGC has 600

Both have other bays as well
View Quote
Tri County wait list is over a year long.  Last time I checked they were not even putting new people on the wait list.

Douglas Ridge is booked fairly frequently during the summer months for public events.  Meaning if you are a member, you will not be able to use the rifle range on weekends.  This past summer they had 5 weeks in a row where the range was booked and could not be used by members.  I had a membership and let it expire.  I was paying money and barely got to use the range.  It was not worth it.
Link Posted: 10/10/2018 10:30:27 AM EDT
[#19]

I guess you’ve had the opposite experience. I’ve never had any problems getting in.

And if you want on the waitlist they’ll put there at TCGC. Or you can go shoot with friends or other members while you wait.
Link Posted: 10/10/2018 2:52:10 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I guess you’ve had the opposite experience. I’ve never had any problems getting in.

And if you want on the waitlist they’ll put there at TCGC. Or you can go shoot with friends or other members while you wait.
View Quote
Just to clarify

TCGC allows up to 3 guests to accompany the member.  One guest at a time may shoot.  The member may not shoot when a guest is shooting and must remain within an arms length of the guest.
Link Posted: 10/15/2018 12:36:50 PM EDT
[#21]
Having been a member of both TCGC and ARPC, I will say that TRGC is a nicer facility with more to offer and I really miss the 24 hour indoor rimfire range so I could practice bullseye late at night in the winter. ARPC doesn't have a wait list and is more "laid back" feeling in my opinion. They have "action" style bays and a pretty OK rifle range plus shotgun and archery stuff I have never used. It seems less busy except on nice weekends, in which case it can be very busy but so can Tri County. I like ARPC a lot, but I also live 15 minutes away from it and it's pretty darn convenient for me.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top