Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/1/2023 10:22:05 AM EDT
My dad has expressed interest in filing for an SBR.  I said i could walk him through the process as i've done multiple form 1's.   The one thing i'm not certain on is the CLEO stuff.  

In Texas,  on all my Form 1's i listed the Director of the Texas Department of Public Safety.  For someone Residing in Vero Beach/Indian River County, would the equivalent be the Florida Highway patrol?  In Texas the State Troopers are under the DPS.  

Anyone who has filed a form 1, can you list your experience on that particular bit of info?  

Also, any recommendations for a quality service to get electronic fingerprints done and a passport photo in the same spot for Vero Beach?
Link Posted: 5/1/2023 10:44:45 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm in a different county, but I sent my CLEO notification to the county sheriff. They responded saying it was received.

https://www.ircsheriff.org/email is for Indian River county.

https://printscan.com/location/printscan-ups-store-6662-vero-beach-fl/ for digital fingerprints and passport photos.
Link Posted: 5/1/2023 5:00:58 PM EDT
[#2]
When I’ve done eform 4s via Capital Armory, they send it to the Chief of the Highway Patrol.
Link Posted: 5/1/2023 5:45:16 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm in Palm Beach County and listed on form 1 Palm Beach County Sheriff
Link Posted: 5/1/2023 6:00:04 PM EDT
[#4]
All of my form 4's used Nicholas B Cox Statewide Prosecutor
Link Posted: 5/2/2023 1:15:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Silencer Shop sends it to the State Prosecutors Office.
I've sent all the Form 1s I've done personally to my local Sheriff (I'm in Brevard). Just use the address on their website.
Don't over think it. Your responsibility is to send it, it isn't your problem what happens next.
Link Posted: 5/3/2023 5:33:38 AM EDT
[#6]
If submitting to the state wide prosecutor, they will return it to you stating to deliver to the proper agency-the county Sheriff. And yes, send it, that's all you have to do, I don't care if they throw it into the trashcan.
Link Posted: 5/5/2023 4:58:23 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If submitting to the state wide prosecutor, they will return it to you stating to deliver to the proper agency-the county Sheriff. And yes, send it, that's all you have to do, I don't care if they throw it into the trashcan.
View Quote
I've not had any returned in the past 3 years.

Correct they were done through Silencer Shop.
Link Posted: 5/5/2023 8:13:23 PM EDT
[#8]
They send mine to the Sheriff (Hillsborough County.)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top