Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/6/2018 9:56:04 PM EDT
I have visited WV and liked it a lot. PA looks like it is going to go full retard soon.

How does your state look for guns now and in the future?
Is it legal to store a firearm ( AR receiver/ or a  handgun) in  a bank safe deposit box? State law.
What is your weather like? Do you get very bad winters?
Do you have a lot of shooting ranges?

Thanks
Link Posted: 11/6/2018 10:01:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Not sure about the SD box question, since banks tend to not allow firearms.

But, otherwise, we we one of the best states in the union for gun rights.  We have a gun culture that probably exceeds anywhere else for being pro 2A.

There are plenty if public and private ranges.  Lots of land to buy cheap to shoot on.

Weather is like southern PA, not much different unless you are high up, like around Snowshoe, then its similar to Northern PA.
Link Posted: 11/6/2018 10:03:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/6/2018 10:12:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Is it a state law about banks or a bank policy?

Can you legally carry in bank?
Link Posted: 11/6/2018 10:27:13 PM EDT
[#4]
What area in WV are you looking to move to?  I live in the Eastern Panhandle (Jefferson County) and belong to two ranges.  Each have their advantages and disadvantages.
Link Posted: 11/6/2018 10:35:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Fixed weather for you
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Not sure about the SD box question, since banks tend to not allow firearms.

But, otherwise, we we one of the best states in the union for gun rights.  We have a gun culture that probably exceeds anywhere else for being pro 2A.

There are plenty if public and private ranges.  Lots of land to buy cheap to shoot on.

Weather is like southern PA, not much different unless you are high up, like around Snowshoe, then its similar to Northern PA.SIBERIA
Fixed weather for you
What, -28 with 30mph gusts too warm for ya?
Link Posted: 11/6/2018 10:37:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote
There is no state law against carrying in a bank.  But, they are private property and they virtually all post no weapons.  I don’t know of one that doesn’t.
Link Posted: 11/6/2018 11:09:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
There is no state law against carrying in a bank.  But, they are private property and they virtually all post no weapons.  I don’t know of one that doesn’t.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Do the no gun sign have the weight of law behind them? In PA they don’t.

I was in Weirton outside of Pittsburgh and liked it. I want to see other parts. I have friends in the Ohio valley.
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 12:38:21 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I was in Weirton outside of Pittsburgh and liked it. I want to see other parts. I have friends in the Ohio valley.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

They can ask you to leave, and it's only a crime if you don't.

http://www.handgunlaw.us/states/westvirginia.pdf
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 1:03:44 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

There's a good public range and a WMA just north of Weirton, maybe a 20 minute drive from town. And there's plenty of fishing in the panhandle if that's your thing. As far as the gun thing, all I can suggest is to call a couple of them and ask them their policy.
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 11:09:01 AM EDT
[#10]
A few years back I asked my bank about firearms in a safety deposit box.
Their answer was...."Your box is private and we have no way of knowing what you have in it"
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 8:28:26 PM EDT
[#11]
How is the bunker hill area? I saw some 55 plus communities that looked nice and they were affordable.
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 8:38:36 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 8:44:54 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
How is the bunker hill area? I saw some 55 plus communities that looked nice and they were affordable.
View Quote
That's just south of me.  Not bad.  If you do relocate do it soon, we know a few realtors socially and the I-81 corridor through Berkeley County is expected to explode with economic development with the typical increase in real-estate values over the next 10-15 years.  If you're looking to get away from that kind of thing, try Hampshire County west of Winchester.
Link Posted: 11/8/2018 8:39:13 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
That's just south of me.  Not bad.  If you do relocate do it soon, we know a few realtors socially and the I-81 corridor through Berkeley County is expected to explode with economic development with the typical increase in real-estate values over the next 10-15 years.  If you're looking to get away from that kind of thing, try Hampshire County west of Winchester.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I am trying to plan my retirement. I like West Virginia because it is still close to visit my kids. It is much less expensive then PA. I am outside of philly. Guns seem to be good. I have noticed in my life, state gun laws are definitely something to consider but more to consider is the gun mentality. If a state today has good gun laws but doesn’t have a good gun mentality the laws can easily change with population. If a state has a good conviction about what the constitution says about guns it won’t be subject to change so easily.I notice PA has pretty good gun laws  but no real conviction of the 2nd amendment. We have a ton of fuds. I have no problem with them until they throw you under the bus because they see no need to have an AR or a pistol etc.
How is the gun mentality in WV?
My retirement projection is 5-10 years. Still do some part time job for extra cash.  I would like to take a trip to the bunker hill area soon. Looking into AZ too but concerned about the California invasion as well as distance from family.
Is WV being invaded with liberals?
Thanks
Link Posted: 11/8/2018 8:07:23 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote
The eastern panhandle is; mainly the folks fleeing MD and northern VA then voting in the same crap that made those areas such a PITA.  That's why I suggested Hampshire County; you're more isolated from that bravo sierra.

Statewide there's not a lot the liberals can do about the gun control laws.  Between the state constitution, the appellate court rulings, constitutional carry, etc. we're well ahead of any other state.

One thing to note is that with the passage of Amendment 1 last Tuesday we're less likely to see an influx of welfare leech liberals since Medicaid tax dollars won't cover abortions any more.  I expect quite a few to move to MD.
Link Posted: 11/8/2018 8:24:34 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
The eastern panhandle is; mainly the folks fleeing MD and northern VA then voting in the same crap that made those areas such a PITA.  That's why I suggested Hampshire County; you're more isolated from that bravo sierra.

Statewide there's not a lot the liberals can do about the gun control laws.  Between the state constitution, the appellate court rulings, constitutional carry, etc. we're well ahead of any other state.

One thing to note is that with the passage of Amendment 1 last Tuesday we're less likely to see an influx of welfare leech liberals since Medicaid tax dollars won't cover abortions any more.  I expect quite a few to move to MD.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That’s great.i can’t stand liberals and their policies. I use to live in NY for 37 years then moved to PA. I am here for 15 years. I have seen in the last few years things start to change. Many things resembling NY and why I left. I am a pretty right wing guy. I will listen to your point of view. If it is against the Bible and the constitution I will tell you why I disagree. I will not force it down your throat. The fact is they want to force people like me to accept and believe the way they do. If I don’t they want to push it on me and change my way of life. This is where I draw the line. I choose to move away rather then have their crap in my life. It has already started here in PA and before I arrived as well. I thought PA was more conservative when I moved here. I was shocked to see how many liberals were already here.

ETA: I think there is a difference between a Democrat and a left wing liberal nut. My father in law was a democrat as well as my grandfather. They were not what we see today in the democrat party.
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 9:36:16 PM EDT
[#17]
This thread is kinda funny timing. Me an my wife where looking at WV to get out of Erie area of PA. 6 feet of snow in one storm kind did it, plus the way the state is turning liberal.
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 10:14:14 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 10:55:17 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Damn WV turning into a regular refuge state here

We'll take all the conservative folks we can get, maybe next time we can finally get ride of lying Joe.
View Quote
Was Morrisey even trying to get elected? His campaign was anemic as soon as the primary was over. Manchin's record of kissing Obama's behind alone should have been enough to sink him.
Link Posted: 11/10/2018 6:06:11 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 11/10/2018 8:05:13 PM EDT
[#21]
Does WV have some kind of Legal ability to resist federal gun control?
Link Posted: 11/10/2018 9:35:17 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote
No.
Link Posted: 11/11/2018 3:07:29 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
This thread is kinda funny timing. Me an my wife where looking at WV to get out of Erie area of PA. 6 feet of snow in one storm kind did it, plus the way the state is turning liberal.
View Quote
We won't talk about the 35 inches in a 24 hour period at Flat Top in 98..
Link Posted: 11/11/2018 3:54:27 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
We won't talk about the 35 inches in a 24 hour period at Flat Top in 98..
View Quote
Ours was over Christmas eve & Christmas last year
Link Posted: 11/11/2018 7:57:17 PM EDT
[#25]
We need a WV meetup to talk to and help perspective residents.  We need good people.
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 12:19:40 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
We need a WV meetup to talk to and help perspective residents.  We need good people.
View Quote
Can probably do one on this side of the mountains.
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 12:22:52 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote
Do you know who one of the authors of gunbills that were presented to Trump, in the big meeting with dumbocrats and  feinstein and the rest of the evils in DC ?

Our very own Senator Manchin. I think WV been lucky thus far
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 7:36:12 PM EDT
[#28]
I am in the Falling Waters area right now.  It is close to some ranges and seems pretty progun.  Berkeley county.  We are building a home in south Berkeley county near Inwood.  We like it there better than closer to MD.  Spring mills is too crowded already.  Too many libs fleeing DC/MD/and NOVA.   See a lot of "butch" looking women with prius type cars with libtard stickers on them.
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 7:36:52 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote
That would be cool to meet some of you all.
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 7:41:27 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote
I carry in every bank I go into and have never seen a sign posted that I can't, I'm in the Northern Panhandle.
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 7:51:19 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote
I live in Weirton and there are a couple of gun clubs close and the WMA one north near oak glen. My big complaint is no large stocking gun shops AND PERSONAL PROPERTY TAX. Seems like a new business (mostly food) are opening here regularly. We get about the same weather as Pittsburgh.
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 10:07:45 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 11/16/2018 11:07:59 PM EDT
[#33]
we folks on the EPH use to have them monthly. We took up a lot of space in quit a few local places there for a bit.   Then it kinda fizzled out.  Even had a some of the guys from the survival form come down form PA to meet up.

Those of us in the panhandle could try again. not sure if anyone is still interested, then again with the new folks in the area maybe it could be done again.
Link Posted: 11/17/2018 11:20:43 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote
+1.  With some notice I know two guys that would attend
Link Posted: 11/17/2018 12:39:38 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

This has been hashed around on here over and over, but the main problems with a WVHTF meet up are as follows...

Everyone is spread out, majority being in the EPH, what is close for one may be a 3hr drive for the other....

No way around that but the upside is if a guy drives 3or 4 hours to get there he's motivated.

No one has ever presented a place to hold such meet up...

Yup. But if youhad one in a public place/range it would give folks a chance to feel folks out/ make sure they're safe etc.Seems DT may be interested in hosting one??

No one seems to ever have time for such activities when it comes time to actually plan such event...

Bingo!  Back in "the day" PA had a good thing goin.  It was run through the survival forum. We had a public place to shoot and a guy that didn't work that had the time and liked to organize events and communicate with new people. Then we had a private place to shoot/ camp that folks were invited to once they were "vetted" and safe to train with and tolerable to be around. Then we had a guy that knew a lot of  "stuff".  Everyone that had useful knowledge could present it. We had a lot of good times.  Life happens and once you lose those people and places it all ends unless someone picks up the flag and fills the niches.The Florida crew had the same kinda thing goin but I never made it to any.
Hoping DT jumps in here

If any of you folks want to organize a meet up, you can post a thread and plan everything out, I will tack such thread if it gains interest.
View Quote
Here's hoping someone takes you up on that
Link Posted: 11/17/2018 12:47:20 PM EDT
[#36]
Heh, my quoting skills suck. ??
My post is mingled in there
Link Posted: 11/17/2018 6:14:18 PM EDT
[#37]
Let me know when and where and I'm good for a meetup in 19.
Link Posted: 11/17/2018 9:59:10 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 7:20:58 AM EDT
[#39]
If only someone was hosting a public event on May 4, 2019 which folks could meet up at.... which is also north-central in the state...
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 8:10:22 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 1/3/2019 8:46:58 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Speaking of that I need to get that posted up...
View Quote
... and that is ... what?
Link Posted: 1/3/2019 11:35:02 AM EDT
[#42]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top