Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Durkin Tactical Franklin Armory
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/4/2022 8:21:13 AM EDT
I was wondering if “No trespass” and “restraining” orders are publicly accessible in Florida?

I’ve go this dick whistle in my neighborhood who has allegedly received a no trespass order from a really nice lady who is trying to sell her house by owner (dude is a wanna be HOA nazi and self important d-bag)

Wanted to know if this was accessible to me or other neighbors who would love nothing more to publish this to the neighborhood and let the residents use it as a fuck you when he comes around…
Link Posted: 7/4/2022 8:38:20 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Bowhntr6pt] [#1]
We issue a written/signed notice to the person trespassed. The property owner gets a copy as well.

While we don't pull a case number for a report if it's just a trespass notice/warning, which if we did, it (the incident report) would be available for public record.

Check your local agency who would have issued the trespass to see if they do a written notice, and if so, if it's available under a FOI request. Otherwise check with the property owner.

Link Posted: 7/5/2022 7:31:03 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the reply.

I’ll have to do a little more digging I think. I can’t be sure if there was a case pulled or not and the individual who was being “harassed” might or might not be willing to help out
Link Posted: 7/5/2022 9:55:25 AM EDT
[#3]
Getting public records can be a somewhat difficult process and may have to be done in stages.  You have to know what you are looking for or how to find what you are looking for, as there is no requirement for the government officials to help you conduct your investigation. They must just provide the records you seek. So request, if you are looking for an incident at a particular place “all computer aided dispatch notes, incident numbers, for any calls for service or incidents at “1234 NW Main Street” for the past 6 months.  Once you find the incident you think is what you are interested in then request information for that particular incident. That’s how reporters get the goods on celebrities and public officials.

Link Posted: 7/5/2022 11:11:46 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By deputygadget:
Getting public records can be a somewhat difficult process and may have to be done in stages.  You have to know what you are looking for or how to find what you are looking for, as there is no requirement for the government officials to help you conduct your investigation. They must just provide the records you seek. So request, if you are looking for an incident at a particular place “all computer aided dispatch notes, incident numbers, for any calls for service or incidents at “1234 NW Main Street” for the past 6 months.  Once you find the incident you think is what you are interested in then request information for that particular incident. That’s how reporters get the goods on celebrities and public officials.

View Quote

very good information. This seems like a very generalized way to get large swathes of data at once
Link Posted: 7/5/2022 12:10:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By byuind:

very good information. This seems like a very generalized way to get large swathes of data at once
View Quote

If you're willing to pay... agencies charge various fees, some by the page.
Link Posted: 7/5/2022 6:20:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Bowhntr6pt:

If you're willing to pay... agencies charge various fees, some by the page.
View Quote

Depends on how much damage I can do lol
Link Posted: 7/21/2022 8:04:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Just call when you think douches is trespassing and let the cops figure it out. Trespass warnings for an entire community are a little hard to enforce. How can a cop price that no one in the community invited the guy? So not sure what scenario you applies in your situation.
Link Posted: Yesterday 3:52:30 AM EDT
[#8]
Our county uses a "Call for Service or CFS number". It's for every time a Deputy is called to respond to an incident and is the way we can recall the incident even if no paper is generated. Can't speak to other agencies though. Our CFS numbers always start with the year in tow digits and followed by a six digit number after a dash (22-123456). Incidents should also be searchable if you have the address of where it occurred, date, time and Name of caller / complainant. May have already known this but I hope one bit of info helps.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top