Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/5/2020 9:55:30 PM EDT
Posting from Louisiana.....

I am a retired Machinery Engineer in the refining business and spent a lot of time over the years at the EM Motor ship in Minneapolis witnessing motor testing.  I would stay at the downtown Millennium Hotel downtown and it was a great place to stay.  Some great restaurants and my favorite bar was one across the street that served the most Jamison Whiskey of any bar.  

Are these places still in good shape, is there where the riots were?  I hope this is not the case, as I can tell you, I always enjoyed my trips there.  There was a restaurant we would eat lunch across the street from the EM motor shop that had great food, the owner was a big Minnesota Gophers fan...cant remember the name.  Last time I was there was in 2015.

Yall stay safe
Link Posted: 9/7/2020 5:28:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Posting from Louisiana.....

I am a retired Machinery Engineer in the refining business and spent a lot of time over the years at the EM Motor ship in Minneapolis witnessing motor testing.  I would stay at the downtown Millennium Hotel downtown and it was a great place to stay.  Some great restaurants and my favorite bar was one across the street that served the most Jamison Whiskey of any bar.  

Are these places still in good shape, is there where the riots were?  I hope this is not the case, as I can tell you, I always enjoyed my trips there.  There was a restaurant we would eat lunch across the street from the EM motor shop that had great food, the owner was a big Minnesota Gophers fan...cant remember the name.  Last time I was there was in 2015.

Yall stay safe
View Quote

No idea as I stay out of the cities as much as possible and have no idea where the places you are referring to are, but much of the damage was fairly contained to a block or three of the first arson (auto zone?/ cub)
Little “skirmishes” did spill over but weren’t as bad as near lake street I don’t think.
Link Posted: 9/7/2020 8:46:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

No idea as I stay out of the cities as much as possible and have no idea where the places you are referring to are, but much of the damage was fairly contained to a block or three of the first arson (auto zone?/ cub)
Little “skirmishes” did spill over but weren’t as bad as near lake street I don’t think.
View Quote

Yeah, it was a lot more than a block or three.  Unless you mean completely razed, like Dresden, not just heavily damaged.  The Dresden area might be three blocks.......
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top