Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/20/2021 4:17:43 PM EDT
Read recently in GD that Co put a date of 2013 on mag ownership. Meaning you have to prove you legally acquired them before 2013??

Im asking because we're facing a mag ban here in Wa. Proposed bill verbage says mags owned beforehand are legal to own (grandfathering), but doesn't state anything in regards to proof. However I could see that becoming a problem. Anyone in your state have burden of proof put on them for mags?

Been saving shipping and ordering reciepts lately, but I have tons of mags from past orders I didn't. Considering hiring a lawyer to document/affidavit my inventory as proof of ownership if a ban passes.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 5:56:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Meaning you have to prove you legally acquired them before 2013?
View Quote

how did you come to this conclusion?
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 6:07:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Don't stress over it, burden of proof is on the prosecution, not the defense.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 6:14:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
It was made to sound like you guys had to prove ownership prior to 2013. Thats why Im asking
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 6:45:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
It was made to sound like you guys had to prove ownership prior to 2013. Thats why Im asking
View Quote

The statute is clear, the burden of proof is on the prosecution.    

See paragraph 2(b)...

https://codes.findlaw.com/co/title-18-criminal-code/co-rev-st-sect-18-12-302.html
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 7:10:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No sir we do not. As far as I know there has only been a couple of people even charged and they were caught committing actual crimes.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 8:15:13 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 9:02:31 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
CO is not a really good comparison, unless you actually have the exact same law and exact same law enforcement.

sorry, but you won't know diddly until your law is passed and see how it is enforced
View Quote

Yeah thats kinda why Im trying to get info and get ahead of if I can. So far the way the bills written its just basic grandfathering with no specifics. Open ended saying if you had them then your good. Thats it. Seems left open to interpretation unless a general BOP is written somewhere else Im unaware of.

Your guys' portion of putting the BOP on the state was a nice safety net. Someone thought ahead.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 4:33:40 PM EDT
[#8]
The issue is that law has all but been unenforced so we don't have much of a comparison. Heck, a good chunk of our stores still openly sell "high capacity" magazines

(Its a great issue to have)

Link Posted: 1/25/2021 4:34:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 5:57:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
But we can't order magazines above 15 rounds because nobody will ship them to us. So even though it is not enforced, it is enforced in that you can't order them if you have a Colorado address.
View Quote

You just have to find smaller dealers who don't give a rat fuck about our crappy laws.  They're out there
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 3:10:35 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

You just have to find smaller dealers who don't give a rat fuck about our crappy laws.  They're out there
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
But we can't order magazines above 15 rounds because nobody will ship them to us. So even though it is not enforced, it is enforced in that you can't order them if you have a Colorado address.

Two just in my small town
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 2:27:06 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

If there was a Badger on a Mountain,  would he be in charge of Supply?
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 8:33:20 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

If there was a Badger on a Mountain,  would he be in charge of Supply?
View Quote

I see what you did there.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 6:42:58 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

Not saying I do this, but theoretically, it might be possible to order 16+ round mags from online retailers and have them shipped to friends/relatives out of state.  

Link Posted: 1/29/2021 7:42:03 PM EDT
[#15]
mag thread has ran its course
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top