Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/28/2018 5:57:59 AM EDT
I've never hunted water fowl before. I always here people talking about going to Eastern Oregon to hunt, like Klamath or something. I live in Western Oregon. Do water fowl ever land in ponds over here? There's a pond right up the road from my house at about 4,000 foot elevation. Do ducks and geese just not land in places like this?
ETA, any tips or times of year to look for them around here?
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 1:21:15 PM EDT
[#1]
There are lots of ducks in Eastern Oregon. Summer lake I know is a popular place to hunt ducks and I believe a lot of people hunt Klamath as well.

Where you see ducks is typically based on their migration routes. If you don't see ducks in your area its probably because for some reason its not along a corridor that waterfowl use. Are you in the Cascades?
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 4:05:37 PM EDT
[#2]
I5 corridor. Some geese fly over.
Link Posted: 11/30/2018 7:19:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Man you gotta get out of the house. They are everywhere up here. Sauvies island is popular but you can find other spots as well.
Link Posted: 12/11/2018 2:23:08 AM EDT
[#4]
I don't know if you can hunt there but by Fern Ridge, the marsh south of 126 has a lot of birds.
Link Posted: 12/11/2018 3:10:14 AM EDT
[#5]
Go find a sheep rancher at lambing season and see if you can set up in a field by the barn, great horned owl tastes better than duck and goose.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top